My Skills My Life has been designed to be as flexible as required for your intervention. It has been used in various settings over the past year and we have listed some examples and case studies below:
Use the My Skills My Life quiz on its own:
- On a tablet
- Paper resource (available in the resource library on the training platform)
- With role models (this could be real life ones or the ones on the platform or paper booklets)
At an Event
- Careers Fairs – Paper or tablet format
- Read about how Network Rail ran My Skills My Life at the Big Bang Fair 2019 here.
- Read about how Unite the Union used My Skills My Life at the Great Yorkshire Show 2019 here.
- Break out workshops at events/ fairs (30 mins)
- Read about how My Skills My Life was integrated into a wider event for Girl Guides here.
- Include this activity when parents and girls visit
- Linked to International Women’s Day/ Ada Lovelace Day/ Women in Engineering Day etc.
- Read about how the STEM Ambassador Hub at the National Science and Media museum used My Skills My Life as part of their celebrations for International Women’s Day 2019 here.
- In March 2020, WISE held an online My Skills My Life session with live role models, mothers & daughters, and over 100 girls joining online. You can watch this here.
- WISE have developed a pack detailing how a session can be run online. This can be found here.
If you have any questions regarding using My Skills My Life, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.