WISE’s Inclusive Recruitment workshop aims to provide an informative and interactive session to help organisations improve the diversity of their talent pool and subsequent successful applicants.
The session is designed to provide the understanding and tools required to reach, engage with and support diverse applicants across the whole recruitment cycle.
The training is great for both hiring managers and resourcing staff and we encourage organisations to engage a mixed group if possible.
This allows for richer discussion and ensures those responsible for all the various aspects of recruitment are involved and upskilled accordingly.
Prior to the workshop, WISE works with organisations to understand current goals and challenges in the inclusive recruitment space, which allows for the training to be better tailored to the priorities and organisational context in question.
The session provides practical insights and actions to enable inclusive recruitment
- Why we need to recruit inclusively
- The workshop starts with a look at why inclusive recruitment makes good business sense and the barriers faced by various underrepresented groups during recruitment
- Unconscious Bias and the law
- After a brief overview of unconscious bias, this section features a deeper dive into the Equality Act and its impact on recruitment (with particular focus on reasonable adjustments in recruitment)
- Inclusive Recruitment process
- The session then goes into each element of the recruitment process in detail: developing inclusive job descriptions, advertising your vacancies effectively, sifting applications fairly and a deep dive into inclusive interviewing
The insights from previous discussion with the organisation are used to add context to the above session, making recommendations as tailored and appropriate as possible.
- Accessible to: Members & Non-members
- Active Members Price: £1,595 (Ex VAT)
- Online & non-members Price: £1,995 (Ex VAT)
- Participants: Up to 20
- Lead time: 2-4 weeks
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- Delivery method: Online & in-person (extra charge)