WISE received funding from the 1851 Commission to train up My Skills My Life ambassadors around the UK.
Learn how to deliver your own My Skills My Life Course with our Ambassador Training.
The My Skills My Life Ambassador Training comprises of only two modules and includes easy-to-follow tasks to enhance your understanding of the topics. The training is full of useful information to both absorb and share, and it should only take about 40 minutes to complete both modules.
Module one: What is unconscious bias and how does it affect young people?
Module two: How to deliver a My Skills My Life in a classroom or at an event.
Run your own sessions with all the necessary resources.
Included in the training, we provide you with all the basic resources necessary to run your own sessions. You’ll also receive your very own certificate after you’ve completed the training and have logged your first session on the platform.
Who can take the course?
Anyone can deliver the sessions, so long as you’re passionate and enthusiastic about encouraging young people into the STEM sector.
We just ask that you deliver a session within a year of completing the training.
How to access the training
- Register and create an account here.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com – we have had some issues with email servers filtering this into spam/junk. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list and if needed check your spam folder and click “Not Spam” to make sure that you will receive your future course emails.
- Click the link in the email you receive to log in and change your password.
- Complete your profile. You will need to go back and add your personality types after completing the quiz.
- You can find the two modules and the resources in the learning catalogue.
- Please log your sessions through a survey on your training profile page here.
The My Skills My Life training platform is where you will complete your training, download additional resources and is where you need to log the My Skills My Life sessions you run.
Please login here.
If you need assistance with accessing the platform or your verification email re-sending, please email: email@example.com.