Creating a good job advert is essential for diverse recruitment. The job advert should describe the role clearly and be as inclusive as possible.
Here are a few pointers for employers looking to create the perfect advert:
- Start with a clear and concise statement describing the role and primary objectives.
- Update the ad with each new recruitment cycle.
- Be clear about who the successful candidate would work with.
- Define essential and desirable criteria.
- Keep the essential criteria to a minimum.
- Remove anything that is not essential.
- Be clear on required formal qualifications and whether training will be provided in post.