The business case for prioritising Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) initiatives is very strong. Many reports have shown that diverse businesses benefit from the following:
- Better choice of skilled workers.
- Improved innovation and creativity.
- An increase in workforce productivity.
- Better customer experience.
- Improved financial performance.
Please take five minutes to read through the ‘WISE Business Case for Gender Diversity in STEM’.
Diversity also creates a happy workforce
Having a diverse and inclusive workplace also results in an improved work environment leading to the following benefits for your workforce:
• Increased loyalty – staff will see a future for themselves at your company.
• Better creativity – employees will have the confidence to speak up with ideas and insights.
• Ownership in teams – members will be given credit and own up to mistakes.
Clover Pop – Decision Practices Research Study (2017)