Who are AtkinsRéalis?
AtkinsRéalis is a world-leading design, engineering and project-management consultancy. Our mission is to work with design and engineering clients to deliver transformational infrastructure projects, using data, cutting-edge technology and design-led thinking. We bring together teams of market-leading experts to create infrastructure which shapes people’s lives for the better and makes the lived environment more sustainable and more human.
People are at the heart of our business. Our teams have a broad and deep wealth of expertise in everything from design, engineering and project management to highly specific, sought-after skills. We’re devoted to growing the diversity of our people, promoting an inclusive culture and providing everyone with an equal voice.
What projects / schemes / initiatives to support women’s recruitment, retention and progression in STEM are AtkinsRéalis involved in?
We value the different perspectives that our people bring and recognize everyone for their contributions equally. That’s why our vision is to see more women taking up senior roles at AtkinsRéalis. We’re investing in our female employees at all career stages. And as a result, we’re attracting, retaining and promoting more women.
- Atkins (the former name of AtkinsRéalis) supported 1,449 women to attend the 3-month long Women’s Development Programme-Inspire Skills 4 programme between 2011-2022 and measured their successes.
- ‘Empower’, the gender balance network at AtkinsRéalis, received the external award for ‘Employee Network of the Year’ from Equal Engineers in 2021 for helping drive positive change and increasing female representation for the benefit of all. Further employee networks, such as ‘Women Inspiring Leadership’ and ‘Menopause’ support, inspire and educate employees.
- AtkinsRéalis champion flexible working policies, have an innovative Returners Programme to support professionals who have taken a career break, and provide welfare rooms in offices which are perfect for breast or bottle-feeding.
- Atkins was a Times Top 50 Employer for Gender Equality in 2023.
- AtkinsRéalis commit to programmes that drive and measure progress, including the Women in Defence Charter, WISE, ClearAssured, and the Women in Rail Mentoring Programme.
Why did AtkinsRéalis join WISE?
“AtkinsRéalis is committed to the empowerment of women in the workplace and the engineering industry, and to making a tangible improvement to our gender balance. We enjoy working with WISE to ensure that we are always making progress.”
’Kate Little, Practice Manager, Empower Committee and AtkinsRéalis WISE Liaison