My Skills My Life Training
My Skills My Life is a ground-breaking outreach resource that shows girls that people just like them are happy and successful working in science, technology or engineering. By delivering My Skills My Life, your organisation can engage directly with the next generation of STEM talent. We are offering training in the My Skills My Life approach, allowing this tool to be delivered as part of your organisation’s outreach work.
My Skills My Life is designed to be complementary to and supportive of other outreach programmes. The activity can be done as a standalone or in addition to other outreach activities as a hook for girls to see that STEM is for them.
This 3-hour training workshop will equip you with the skills and resources to be able to run your very own My Skills My Life outreach sessions with young people.
The My Skills My Life Training Includes
Unconscious bias and how it affects all of us from the classroom through to the workplace and at home.
An introduction to My Skills My Life, understanding the research, the approach and methodology.
Undertaking the My Skills My Life quiz.
Training on delivery of both the paper & online resource in schools, community groups and events.
Training on extension sessions including:
- Incorporating role models as part of the sessions
- Case studies on how companies have used My Skills My Life
In addition to the workshop, participants will be given access to the My Skills My Life training platform to allow them to refresh the training at any given time. It also gives access to the additional resources including PowerPoint Presentations, safeguarding information and permission letters for schools.
You will also be provided with a company account on the platform. The main account holder will be able to:
- Add employees to the platform so that they can access the training.
- Track the number of employees who have started the training and their progress through the modules.
- Track the number of sessions they have completed.
- The details of when and where the sessions were delivered.
- Track the number of girls they have reached.
- Use My Skills My Life for marketing purposes.
- Accessible to: Members & Non-members
- Active Members Price: £2,500 (Ex VAT)
- Online & non-members Price: £2,995 (Ex VAT)
- Participants: Up to 20
- Lead time: 4-6 weeks
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Delivery method: Online & in-person (extra charge)