Who are Worley?
We are a worldwide team of consultants, engineers, construction workers and data scientists all with one thing in common: we love to be challenged. Every day, we come to work to solve the complexity of the energy, chemicals and resources sectors.
We are stronger together. Over the past 12 months our network has grown. This brings an even greater responsibility to make a positive impact on the world. We work with our customers, their consumers and local communities to build a better tomorrow. We put sustainability at the heart of everything, whether we’re helping customers improve their assets or preparing them for the next chapter of the energy transition
By recognizing people’s talents, experience and potential, we foster a diverse workplace where we look out for one another.
A culture where we care about the environment and the communities in which we work and where we use our skills, expertise, and judgement to keep everyone – our people, customers, and communities – safe.
Our people are at the core of our business. Worley people have the confidence to ask questions and challenge the answers they receive. We thrive on open conversations and healthy debates. It’s our people who create safety every single day, using their skills and experience to adapt to changing situations. To support them, we give them access to industry-leading tools and systems, making it possible for them to deliver safe and successful work.
What projects / schemes / initiatives to support women’s recruitment, retention and progression in STEM are Worley involved in?
We are committed to providing an environment free of discrimination and bias and building our business to be a welcoming and an inclusive place of work. We want our people to genuinely feel this is a place where they belong and where their voice matters. We are committed to diversity in all it’s forms and we recognise that our diversity is our strength. We stand stronger together.
Our initiatives to support women’s recruitment, retention and progression in STEM include:
- Focus in improving gender balance on candidate slates
- Focus on gender balance at graduate recruitment stage
- 50/50 gender split amongst our intern and graduate intakes
- Unconscious Bias Training
- Global Inclusion Survey to better understand how women feel about inclusion at Worley and design targeted actions around this.
- Employee Driven, People Network Group, Women of Worley, sponsored by a member of our Global Leadership Team. Our people network groups work hard to build awareness and help steer the conversation and drive the agenda for change.
- STEM committee: school, college, and university engagement
- Leadership: Diversity & Inclusion an agenda item at leadership meetings and visible support
- Reporting of diversity data
- Consistent approach to salary decision making based on the value of the role
- Focus on allyship
- Flexible working arrangements
- Global sponsorship programme with focus on gender diversity
- Talent Identification: focus on talent themes to support better quality consideration
Why did Worley join WISE?
At Worley, we know a diverse team is a stronger team. We’re committed to challenging gender inequality. Conscious and unconscious bias. The rights of working mothers. And the barriers to pursuing a career in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). That’s why we joined WISE.