The Chief Scientific Officer’s WISE Fellowship is a unique opportunity for mid-career female healthcare scientists to gain invaluable leadership experience. Successful applicants will be selected based on both their potential to make a difference in their current and future roles in addition to their commitment to inspire the next generation of healthcare scientists.
What the Fellowship consists of?
There will be four Fellowships awarded this year and these will include:
- Mentoring by senior leaders in the fields of healthcare, academia and industry.
- Attendance on the widely acclaimed WISE Career Development Programme with follow-up professional coaching sessions to support you to achieve your career goals.
- Exciting speaking and ambassadorial opportunities via both the WISE and The Office of the Chief Scientific Officer’s networks, as well as through attendance at the WISE Conference 2018 and National Chief Scientific Officer’s Conference 2019.
- Individual WISE Membership and the opportunity to meet with senior HCS leaders at NHS England Healthcare Science advisory meetings.
- Develop your leadership abilities and behaviours with access to the self-assessment and 360-degree feedback tools of the NHS Healthcare Leadership Model.
The selection process includes an application form and an interview.