A WISE project, working with WYCC and Leeds City College, with ESF funding, to support Leeds Region employers to identify and progress potential female STEM talent from within their existing workforce.
Are you making the most of the skills and talents of your existing staff? Developing their full potential, and using them more widely to support your organisation?
Creative and problem solving women; women with science, mathematical and technical knowledge; skills that are valuable to STEM employers are finding alternative roles to STEM careers and these women may well be within your existing workforce. Lack of careers information, support and guidance are often factors in their failing to select STEM careers and opting for roles that do not fully utilise their qualifications, personal skills, and potential. This project considers career pathways and training opportunities that may encourage these women back into the STEM pipeline and is suitable for all ages and abilities.
WISE, working with WYCC and Leeds City College, are offering your organisation the opportunity to identify and develop this potential. Women at all levels of skills and employment in your organisation are invited to attend the 3-day workshops which will be delivered in a friendly and supportive manner and will:
- help them to identify their skills and potential;
- gain an insight into engineering activities and careers;
- develop their practical skills and confidence;
- help them to understand how these could be applied to their existing roles; and
- support them to identify career progression and training opportunities for the future.
Benefits to employers participating in the project:
- Source and progress future talent from within the existing workforce
- Employees develop engineering understanding and enhance existing roles
- Address your Gender Pay Gap and Diversity issues
- Workshop counts as CPD and all participants will receive a certificate on completion
3-Day Workshop Dates:
- 19th, 20th and 21st June 2019 | 9am – 5pm
- 26th, 27th and 28th June 2019 | 9am – 5pm
Venue: Leeds City College Printworks Campus
Cost: FREE to attend
Limited places available.
To participate in this project or to find out more –
Contact: Fay Best WISE Campaign: firstname.lastname@example.org