Inspiring Women in Innovation
WISE and Amazon have partnered to look at Women in Innovation across the UK. We want to create a roadmap to encourage more women into innovation focused roles by combining quantitative and qualitative analysis highlighting that innovation is a key driver in STEM industries and that women are a key component of this.
We want to:
- Identify how and why women in innovation got into their careers.
- Clarify the benefits of working in innovative careers.
- Identify the contribution women are making to innovation in technology and the benefits it brings to business and the economy.
- Understand the motivation, drivers and sources of inspiration among innovating women in tech.
- Identify key life-stage moments for women considering starting/leaving a career in innovation and how they navigated them.
- Evaluate the impact of current policy initiatives on diversity in STEM industries and where these can be strengthened.
- Explore the potential for using the language of innovation to inspire women’s involvement in science, engineering and technology and suggest practical actions for companies, universities and learned societies seeking to increase the participation of women in research and development.
Complete the Survey
Our survey has now closed, many thanks to all of you who responded. If you would like to be kept informed of the outcomes and recommendations arising from the research you can leave your details below.