The WISE Awards are to recognise and share best practice for attracting and improving opportunities for women working in physical science, technology, engineering and mathematics (this does not include medical and life science where women are well represented). We are looking for those who are achieving significantly ahead of others in their sector and commitment beyond what is expected of your daily job/business/education activity.
Our judges will also base their decisions on how a winner plans to use the power of their Award to continue making a difference, not just visiting your local school or university.
See the category breakdown for questions for each award here.
Please read the following carefully before proceeding to the nomination forms.
For the 2018 WISE Awards, you can nominate yourself, your organisation or programme, or someone else. You are welcome to collaborate on your nomination forms with colleagues, family or friends.
Please make sure you have answered every question or your nomination may be disqualified. You may submit relevant supplementary documentation with your nomination form, but only at the time of nomination.
Each nomination must have a headshot and a biography of the nominee attached to it. If you are nominating a company you must attach a company logo and information to the nomination. Nominations without this information will not be considered.
Each nomination must have a referee, plus referee contact details, in order to be considered
Want to nominate yourself for more than one Award?
Within the application system select “Search awards” from the main menu, find the award you’re interested in and select ‘apply’ to start a new nomination form. Your contact details will be carried into the new nomination form, but all other nomination details will need to be re-entered
Nominating Someone Else
If you are nominating someone else you must make it clear that you are not the nominee. Please make sure that the nominees contact details are included clearly in the nomination. In each nomination, there is a question which the nominee must answer themselves.
ALL WISE One to Watch nominations MUST include a 1-minute video
Please share with us something interesting about you, your STEM career, passions or future goals that you think haven’t been covered in the nomination. We would love to hear from you!
We will accept nomination videos via email. Email your video (titled with your name) to Evelyn: email@example.com
Unless you are submitting a nomination for the WISE One to Watch Award it is not mandatory for you to submit a video answer. We would love to be able to hear from you in person but will still consider your nomination if you do not provide a video answer
Click here for information showing what percentage of women work in your sector and the percentages of girls taking science and technology subjects at school, college and university compared to boys. Please refer to these figures for context when you answer the nomination questions.
In order to be eligible for consideration, nominees must submit their completed nomination form by the deadline which is 12 noon on Friday 29th June 2018. All nominees must also be available on the following dates:
Tuesday 11th September at the IET, Savoy Place, London for an in-person interview with the judging panel.
Thursday 15th November for the Awards reception, dinner and presentation ceremony at 8 Northumberland Avenue, London.
Shortlisted nominees will be notified by the end of August 2018 and invited to attend the judging interview and Awards ceremony as guests of WISE. All those shortlisted will receive one complimentary ticket to the Awards for their personal use and shortlisted under 18’s (under 18 at the date of the WISE Awards, 15th November 2018) will receive one additional complimentary ticket for an adult chaperone. Additional guest tickets purchased by shortlisted nominees are entitled to a 10% discount.
Apart from the WISE team and the judges who will see the nomination forms, your contact information will not be shared with any external sources without your prior approval
- Entries for the WISE Awards close 29 June at noon
- Entries may be cast across multiple categories but generic responses are not accepted
- Previous nominees are welcome to enter but previous WISE Award winners are not eligible to enter in any category
- Sponsor organisations and their employees are eligible to enter any category other than the category being sponsored by them
- Nominees must be resident and legally entitled to work in the UK
- WISE board members, young women’s board members, WISE employees, WISE Patrons and associates are not eligible for a WISE Award
- During the judging day we will also be filming and photographing shortlisted nominees; by nominating you consent to this and to images and footage being used by WISE in conjunction with the Awards
- If shortlisted, the nominee details will be used in all promotional literature at the event and engraved / printed on trophies / certificates where relevant. Please ensure this information is correct at the time of nomination
- The judging panel will comprise of representatives from WISE along with Guest judges from the sector and sponsoring organisations. The judges’ decision is final and judges will not enter into correspondence with nominees and/or their representatives
- WISE is unable to reimburse travel or accommodation costs related to the WISE Awards or the in-person judging day
- During the judging day
swe will also be filming and photographing shortlisted nominees; by nominating you consent to this and to images and footage being used by WISE in conjunction with the Awards
- If you have entered and not heard from us by the end of August 2018 you have not been shortlisted this year
- The WISE One to Watch Award is for young women aged 21 and under on the date of the Awards, 15th November 2018
- The WISE Rising Star Award is for women aged 25 to 35 on the date of the Awards, 15 November 2018