Online Returners Programme
One of the biggest challenges faced by working parents today is achieving a healthy balance between the demands of work and a fulfilling personal life.
Whether you are returning after your first child or are have been balancing work and family life for some time, this new programme will deliver renewed confidence as well as practical tools and targeted interventions to help you focus on specific areas of your work and home life, enabling you to safeguard your professional, personal and mental well being.
Once signed up the delegates receive a workbook and log in details, they have 3 months to complete the programme.
- Women who are currently on maternity leave and preparing to return to work
- Women who have returned to work within the last six months.
- Exploring personal motivation for returning to work
- Adjusting to the demands of being a working parent
- Reviewing values, priorities and time management skills
- Finding the right work/life fit through detailed gap analysis
- Identifying individual career goals
- Adjusting to part-time work
- Creating effective support networks
- Dealing with negative emotions
“I returned to the business after 17 months out, to a promoted role and on a part-time basis, so I had many adjustments to make. I attended the Skills 4 Returners’ Programme one month after returning to work, it has been fundamental to my adaption to new working arrangements. I have successfully used a number of the tools that the very knowledgeable and inspirational trainer Jayne taught, particularly with regards to prioritisation of tasks and effective time management. The sessions also instilled confidence, self-belief and established a network of new working parents in the business.”
Katy Barnes – Course attendee
Skills 4 is a leading provider of gender diversity programmes specialising in the advanced manufacturing and engineering sector. Established in 2006 they have worked with 60+ companies and 8,000+ men and women delivering a range of business-focussed training and one-to-one interventions.