WISE have received funding from the 1851 Commission to train up to 30,000 ambassadors to run the My Skills My Life programme across the country, with the aim of halving the time it will take us to reach 200,000 girls.
The course touches on unconscious bias and how that affects young people, and how to deliver a My Skills My Life in a classroom or at an event. The 2 simple modules talk you through the process and include easy to follow tasks to enhance your understanding. It takes about 40 minutes to complete both modules.
You’re provided with all the basic resources necessary to run your own sessions. You’ll also receive your very own certificate after you’ve completed the training and have logged your first session on the platform.
Anyone can deliver the sessions, so long as you’re passionate and enthusiastic about encouraging young people into the STEM sector. We just ask that you deliver a session within a year of completing the training.
Details of how to access the training are below. If you have any issues with this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
How to Access the Training
- Register and create an account here.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com – we have had some issues with email servers filtering this into spam/junk. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list and if needed check your spam folder and click “Not Spam” to make sure that you will receive your future course emails.
- Click the link in the email you receive to log in and change your password.
- Complete your profile. You will need to go back and add your personality types after completing the quiz.
- You can find the two modules and the resources in the Learning Catalogue.
- Please log your sessions through a survey on your training profile page here.