WISE & HarperCollins Want to hear from you
Make a video (Max 60sec) telling us why you want to be a/an…
In your video (max 60 seconds long) tell us why you would love to work in one of the professions above. Maybe you want to solve the problems of tomorrow as an engineer, or see the earth from outer space as an astronaut or even discover a new species of dinosaur on a dig in the desert… we want to know!
But… we don’t want to see your face! That’s not because we don’t like you, it’s because we want you to get creative by using props or showing off your video editing skills.
The WISE Young Professional’s Board will judge entries from boys and girls aged 7-11.
Dates for your diary
- The competition opens on Monday 2 March
- The closing time for entries is Friday 17 April
- Winners will be announced by Friday 1 May
Your Parent or Guardian must upload the video to ‘YouTube’ or other video sharing platform and send the link by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Video Competition Entry”.
Please include childs name, age and partent or guardians contact details so we can contact if you win!
- Content is limited, unvaried discussion
- Basic use of everyday materials to show answer to the question, Single screen, limited shots
- Answers the question
- There is good discussion around the question
- Some video graphics used, eye catching
- Answers the question, provides information about the topic
- Discussion goes beyond the question, multiple facets and some unexpected points
- Advanced graphics, presents answer in an interesting way, engaging
- Answers the question, provides information about the topic and promotes STEM in their delivery
- Competition organised by the WISE Young Professional’s Board.
- Videos must be uploaded to ‘YouTube’ or other video sharing platforms by the child’s parent or guardian.
- Submissions from within the UK only.
- Entrants must be aged 7-11 years at time of submission.
- One entry per person.
- The competition will open for submissions Monday 2 March
- The closing time for entries is Friday 17 April
- Entries submitted after the submission close date will not be considered.
- Parent or guardian must email video link to email@example.com with “Video Competition Entry” in the subject line.
- The maximum length is 60 seconds.
- Video must not show your face.
- Video may include drawings, images, props etc.
- Copies of entries cannot be returned to authors as they will not be stored after judging.
- Entries must not include plagiarism.
- Entries must not contain defamatory, obscene, offensive or otherwise unsuitable material.
- WISE has the right to publish entries, with credit given to the author.
- Entrants must have adult permission (parent/guardian/teacher) before entering the competition.
- Entries will be judged by members of the WISE Young Professional’s Board. Judges will be asked to assign scores to each entry.
- Scores given to each entry are private and will not be shared with entrants or parents/guardians/teachers.
- Entries will be judged on enthusiasm, creativity, discussions of varieties of STEM fields, evidence of research, realistic and logical responses.
- Entries will not be penalised for incorrect spelling or grammar.
- Entrants may ask for help from an adult, for example with editing, however the video must be the child’s own work.
- Judges will disqualify any entries which break any of the Terms and Conditions listed.
- After judges have selected a shortlist of entries, the winners and runners-up of each age category will be chosen.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Winners and runners-up will be contacted via the contact details they provide. Entrants may provide contact details of a parent/guardian or teacher, only if they have permission.
- If the winners cannot be contacted, prizes will default to the next runner-up.
- First prize for each age category is sponsored by HarperCollins. Winners will receive A trip to a science museum! Local or national (Cost of travel included).
and the entire ‘Tara Binns’ book series. Runner up prize A ‘Tara Binns’ book that matches your chosen occupation.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash value.
- The age of entrants will be asked at time of submission so the entry can be placed in the appropriate age category for judging.
- Personal information including gender will be asked at time of submission to allow organisers to assess the gender balance of entrants. The entrant is not required to answer.
- Contact details will be used only to contact prize winners. Contact details will not be saved after winners have been contacted.
- Also; see WISE Privacy Policies for more information.
The WISE Campaign and/or WISE Young Professional’s Board will collect and store the names and email addresses of all participants and the additional contact details of winners as anticipated by the terms and conditions above. The WISE Campaign and/or WISE Young Professional’s Board will use this personal data for the following purposes:
- managing the relationship between the participants and competition organisers;
- communicating with participants to answer their queries about the Competition;
- communicating with winners and arranging delivery of their prizes; and
- marketing and publicity in accordance with “Publicity and rights” section below
Where a participant (or his/her parent or guardian where he/or she is under 18) has consented to the WISE Campaign and WISE Young Professional’s Board doing so, the WISE Campaign and/or WISE Young Professional’s Board may contact the participant using the personal data collected to provide information about the goods, services, courses or promotions that the WISE Campaign and/or WISE Young Professional’s Board offers.
By participating in the Competition, participants acknowledge and agree that their personal data will be processed by the WISE Campaign and/or WISE Young Professional’s Board.
Participants can exercise their rights to access their personal data held by the the WISE Campaign and/or WISE Young Professional’s Board and withdraw their consent to the processing of their personal data by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publicity and rights
The WISE Campaign and WISE Young Professional’s Board intends to publish videos submitted as part of this competition on the WISE Campaign and/or WISE Young Professional’s Board websites, Facebook channels, Twitter channels, Instagram channels, press releases and in other promotional and marketing material. In addition, the WISE Campaign and/or WISE Young Professional’s Board may write and publish articles about the winner’s enjoyment of their prize. By entering the Competition, each participant agrees to the use of their name and video and agrees to co-operate with any such publicity or marketing if they win the prize.
Participants will need to obtain copyright permission from the videographer to submit the entry material where the videos are not the participant’s original work. By entering the Competition each participant confirms they have permission from the videographer to grant the WISE Campaign and/or WISE Young Professional’s Board, free of charge, permission to use the entry material (including, without limitation, modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) in any media worldwide for purposes connected with the Competition on the WISE Campaign and/or WISE Young Professional’s Board website and social media services.
Each participant confirms that the entry material is not defamatory and does not infringe any English laws, that they have the right to give the the WISE Campaign and/or WISE Young Professional’s Board permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that all necessary consents for the submission of the entry material have been obtained. The participant undertakes to notify the WISE Campaign and/or WISE Young Professional’s Board in writing if there is any actual, suspected or threatened infringement of copyright relating to the entry material.
All rights in the WISE Campaign and/or WISE Young Professional’s Board name and logo, websites, Facebook pages, Twitter pages, press releases and other promotional and marketing material and all course and examination content and materials shall vest in and remain with the WISE Campaign (or its licensors). By participating in the Competition, participants agree that they will not use, broadcast, publish, export, exploit, reproduce nor copy part or all of the WISE Campaign’s Materials.
The WISE Campaign and/or WISE Young Professional’s Board may disqualify or refuse to accept the entry of any participant which does not meet the eligibility criteria in terms and conditions or does not otherwise comply with these Competition Rules.
These Competition Rules shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes or claims (including, without limitation, non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with the Competition.
By participating in this Competition, participants are deemed to have accept all Terms & Conditions and Competition Rules.
Also; see WISE Privacy Policies for more information.