Do you want to help inspire the next generation of STEM talent?
People Like Me is a ground-breaking resource that shows girls that people just like them are happy and successful working in science, technology or engineering. By delivering People Like Me, your organisation can engage directly with the next generation of STEM talent.
We are offering training in the People Like Me approach, allowing this tool to be delivered as part of your organisation’s outreach work. We also offer bespoke packs personalised to contain specific information about your organisation, industry or region.
There is currently a severe STEM skills shortage in the UK; in 2014, 39% of businesses who were seeking employees with STEM skills had difficulty recruiting those staff, while 26% of core STEM vacancies in England are hard to fill. This is a major barrier to UK economic growth. By directly engaging girls aged 11-14, your organisation will have the opportunity to present itself to the next generation of potential employees, help sustain the talent pipeline, and ensure that in the future you will have access to the widest and most diverse talent pool possible.
Incorporating People Like Me into your organisation's outreach work identifies your organisation as a leader in equality and diversity. If you are interested in other ways WISE can help develop your company into a nationally recognised equal opportunities champion, please see our Membership page.
- A hands-on training session for up to 15 people, who will then be equipped to present this resource to girls aged 11-14
- Up to 15 printed packs (further copies available at £10 per pack
- Access to digital files to enable further printing of the resource
- Your organisation will be listed on the WISE website as licensed to deliver this resource to girls
- Ability to use the ‘People Like Me – licensed’ badge in your marketing materials
Feedback from attendees of organisational training:
“Very helpful – I am excited to deliver this resource!”
“Clear benefit and helpful training”
“Learnt a lot about myself and saw how it may influence young girls”
“The material is excellent – well structured, good variety of formats and easy to understand”
“Very professional, engaging and helpful”
- WISE Members: £1,500 (exclusive of VAT, venue and travel cost of trainer -please see the list of trainers available)
- Non-member organisations £1,650 (exclusive of VAT, venue and travel cost of trainer - please see the list of trainers available)
Please note: Any companies booking before 31 March 2017 will benefit from the lower price above. Training booked after 31 March 2017 will be charged at the following rate:
- WISE Members: £2,250 (exclusive of VAT, venue and travel cost of trainer -please see the list of trainers available)
- Non-member organisations £2,500 (exclusive of VAT, venue and travel cost of trainer - please see the list of trainers available)
Please contact Shagufta Sharif for further information: email@example.com
Please note that this training does not equip you to train others to present the resource. This training will allow you to run a session for girls and parents as part of your outreach work.
The companies listed below have been trained by WISE and are licensed to deliver People like me sessions for girls.