What is organisational data
Organisational data refers to information organisations provide us. The data collected will be dependent on the nature of your organisation’s relationship with us and may include main contact details, location, industry, information about those employed in your organisations, visual images, audio clips and filmed images. Processing means using the data in any way.
We will ensure that your organisation’s information is stored securely. When using IT applications data may be stored outside of the UK. Where we use an IT application that stores data outside of the European Economic Area we ensure that there are the relevant measures in place to process the data in a way required by EU and UK data protection laws.
How we collect your data
We collect data about your organisation in a variety of ways dependent on the nature of your relationship with us. We collect data that you give to us or that is publicly available. We obtain data when you:
- apply for and use our products and services
- talk to us on the phone or email
- use our website and online platforms
- submit award nominations
- attend an event
- give us feedback, complete surveys, questionnaires and take part in research
In some cases, we will collect data about your organisation from third parties or from public sources of information. This may include Companies House, government websites, your company website and sources of publicly available statistics.
How we will use your organisational data
We use your organisation data to provide information, products and services and produce research and statistics. This includes using organisation data for the following reasons:
- to manage membership records
- to deliver our products, services and events
- to manage nominations for awards
- to maintain our own accounts and records
- to promote and develop our products, services and events
- to provide news, updates and opportunities
- for benchmarking purposes
- for research purposes
We won’t keep data for longer than we need it, we will only process data for the purpose it was intended and will honour any reasonable requests to delete, amend or remove data as your organisation requires.
Sharing your data
We will keep information about your organisation confidential however there may be times when we share anonymised data with third parties. This may include us sharing your information with:
- Other WISE members
- Training delivery companies
- Partners and sponsor organisations
- Judges and sponsors of the WISE Awards
- Regional Hubs and networks
We will not pass your data to third party marketing companies.
Queries and concerns
If you have any questions or concerns, you should raise this with us as soon as possible via your main contact at WISE or please contact us.