WISE is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is committed to processing your data securely and transparently. This privacy notice sets out what we do with the information we hold about you and who we share it with.
Who we are
WISE Campaign is a registered community interest company (CIC). We are a social enterprise and membership organisation with the vision of gender balance in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) occupations.
Our contact details are: WISE Campaign, Leeds College of Building, Hunslet Campus, Cudbear Street, LS10 1EF.
Telephone: 0345 527 0889 | Email: email@example.com
What is personal data and what is the processing of personal data
Personal data refers to any recorded information we hold about you from which you can be identified. The data collected will be dependent on the nature of your relationship with us and may include contact details, location, date of birth, gender, employment details, education details, visual images, audio clips, filmed images, information to support your attendance at events, such as, access requirements and dietary information. Processing means using the data in any way.
When using IT applications personal data may be stored outside of the UK. Where we use an IT application that stores data outside of the European Economic Area we ensure that there are the relevant measures in place to process the data in a way required by EU and UK data protection laws.
How we collect your data
We collect data about you in a variety of ways dependent on the nature of your relationship with us. We collect data that you give to us or that is publicly available. We obtain data when you:
- apply for and use our products and services
- talk to us on the phone or email
- use our website and online platforms
- submit award nominations
- complete profile surveys, such as, the My Skills My Life quiz
- attend an event
- give us feedback, complete surveys, questionnaires and take part in research
In some cases, we will collect data about you from third parties or from public sources of information. This includes Companies House or to obtain a reference, for example, if you are nominated for a WISE Award.
How we will use your personal data
We use your personal data to provide you with information, products and services. This includes using personal data for the following reasons:
- to manage membership records
- to deliver our products, services and events
- to manage nominations for awards
- to maintain records of role models and ambassadors
- to maintain our own accounts and records
- to promote our products, services and events
- to provide news, updates and opportunities
- for benchmarking purposes
- for research purposes
Sharing your data
We will keep information about you confidential however there may be times when we share your data with third parties to provide a product or service. This may include us sharing your information with:
- WISE contractors to supply products and services
- Training delivery companies
- Venues delivering events, training, conferences, awards, etc
- Partners and sponsor organisations
- Judges and sponsors of the WISE Awards
- Regional Hubs and networks
We will not pass your data to third party marketing companies.
The law on data protection gives you certain rights in relation to the data we hold on you:
- You have the right to access the data that we hold on you. To do so, you should make a subject access request.
- The right for any inaccuracies to be corrected.
- The right to have information deleted.
- The right to restrict the processing of the data. For example, if you believe the data we hold is incorrect, we will stop processing the data (whilst still holding it) until we have ensured that the data is correct.
- The right to portability. You may transfer the data that we hold on you for your own purposes.
- The right to object to the inclusion of any information. You have the right to object to the way we use your data where we are using it for our legitimate interests.
- The right to not to be subject to automated decision making in way that adversely affects your legal rights.
Where you have provided consent to use your data, you have the unrestricted right to withdraw that consent at any time. In some cases, we may continue to use the data where so permitted by having a legitimate reason for doing so.
Queries and concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or are unhappy with how we have used your personal information, then please contact us using the details above. The supervisory authority in the UK for data protection matters is the Information Commissioner (ICO). If you think your data protection rights have been breached in any way by us, you are able to make a complaint to the ICO.