For organisations including Professional Bodies, Institutes, Charities and Unions
Why WISE - What can WISE membership offer my organisation?
WISE enables and energises people to increase the participation, contribution and success of women in the UK’s science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) workforce, from classroom to boardroom.
Joining WISE can provide your organisation with activities, tools and resources that enable you to attract, retain, develop and progress yourfemale talent. From access to inspiring role models and champions from the WISE community to expert training, WISE can support you.
Join a powerful network
- 160+ member organisations
- 16,000 individual members and subscribers
- Take part in regular Knowledge Sharing Events
- Participate in Regional Hubs to connect the pipeline from classroom to boardroom
- Attend WISE annual Conference and Awards
- Join WISE LinkedIn communities
Learn from WISE experts
- WISE offers training and consultancy to members to support your efforts to increase female representation in your sector including:-
- Recruitment workshops to help attract female hires at all levels
- Unconscious Bias awareness and training
- Professional development via our Career Development and Returners courses
- Tailored consultancy to help create an inclusive culture
- Access to speakers and content for your internal events, conferences and training sessions
- Exclusive member-only resources and information available through the WISE website
- 10% member discount on training
- Advice on attracting and supporting girls and women onto STEM apprenticeships
Inspire your organisation and local community
- Access role models and champions from the WISE community
- Access to the People Like Me toolkit and training to inspire girls to study STEM subjects
- Nominate female role models from your organisation to share their stories and inspire others
- Share your stories on our WISE website
- Develop your emerging talent – nominate employees to join the WISE Young Women’s Board whose members receive support to advance their careers
Promote your brand values to key audiences
- Association with the WISE brand and purpose to raise your profile with leading STEM employers, policy makers and opinion formers
- Access to speaker engagements at high profile events
- A free job advert per year and discounted rates on WISE job portal
- Sponsorship possibilities to support your organisations objectives
Cost £850 + VAT
Our Organisational Members
Chartered Association of Building Engineers
CABE are proud to be a member of WISE and support the initiative as diversity and inclusion is key to assist in tackling the talent shortage in a range of STEM industries.
Membership Development Director
Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
"The demands of a future globally-networked society, requires us to harness the skills and energies of the whole workforce – we must begin to instil a sense of limitless opportunity in our young people. WISE is one way in which we are hoping to highlight and address the need for diversity in the industry."
Seán Harris, Director Membership
Marine Society and Sea Cadets
The Sea Cadets are a
vibrant national charity delivering life changing nautical adventure and the
best possible head start in life for young people through nautical adventure
and fun. Please go to www.ms-sc.org tovisit the Marine Society & Sea Cadet
North East of England Process Industry Cluster (NEPIC)
NEPIC is an award winning membership cluster organisation working with the chemical-using industries in the North East of England. We cover a broad sweep of chemistry focussed industries including petrochemicals, polymers & materials, fine & speciality chemicals, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and renewables.
Together with our member companies, we work to build upon the already powerful industrial base located here and make this region one of the most competitive and successful chemical-processing locations in Europe.
We are privately-owned, led by industry and work to support cluster
members to become successful and sustainable organisations, in a
collaborative business environment that helps them to grow.
Plymouth Marine Laboratory
Our application for a Bronze Athena SWAN award has inspired a commitment to gender equality within PML, of which WISE membership is a key part. It sends out a message to our female staff that they are supported and valued, that their concerns are taken seriously, and that they can succeed.
Dr Frances Hopkins, marine biogeochemistry researcher, chair of PML’s Athena SWAN committee.Full profile
The Smallpeice Trust
It’s by working with partners such as WISE and our sponsors that we can help young people change the world through science, technology, engineering and maths.Full profile
“Science and engineering are challenging disciplines but they transform societies. (Just consider their impact on my field - Transport.) By supporting WISE we hope to encourage young people of all backgrounds to consider a career in technical R&D by offering an insight into the excitement and opportunities that are possible.“
Helen Viner - Chief Scientist and Research DirectorFull profile