Who are PwC?
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. It is this focus which informs the services we provide and the decisions we make.
Demonstrating genuine leadership is more important to us than size or short term revenue growth.
To achieve our aim to be recognised as the ‘the leading professional services firm’ we must be innovative, responsible and attract outstanding people.
Our strategy is therefore built around five priorities:
1. be technology enabled;
2. deliver exceptional value to our clients;
3. empower our people;
4. lead by example;
5. invest in sustainable growth.
Attracting the right talent continues to be paramount and as a progressive employer we will continue to develop a diverse and agile workforce.
What projects / schemes / initiatives to support women’s recruitment, retention and progression in STEM are PwC involved in?
We believe that investing in the development of a broad range of skills, experiences and backgrounds not only gives us a competitive edge, but it also puts us in the best position of meeting the needs of our business and our clients.
We’re passionate about supporting women into our technology roles and have created an internal and external Women in Tech network that uses our research results to tackle the problem at the route.
We’re focused on:
● Working with schools across the UK to educate pupils about working in tech by providing toolkits to teach the teachers
● Maximising our impact by targeting schools in the Government’s social mobility ‘cold spots’
● Celebrating our successful women in tech role models
● Increasing the percentage of females into tech roles
● Providing work experience to students to show how tech can make a positive difference to the world
Visit our Women in Tech website to find out more about what we’re doing.