Max Fordham LLP
Who are Max Fordham LLP?
|Since 1966, Max Fordham LLP has worked with the world’s leading architects to create beautifully engineered buildings. Our business is the creative, innovative and elegant design of building services. We work on a rich variety of projects across all building sectors, and our portfolio includes award winning internationally renowned landmark buildings, exemplars of sustainable design and a diverse mix of carefully crafted buildings.
Our open partnership gives everyone a real opportunity to have a say in how the business runs. We make all business information freely available to everyone, and we give all partners a vote on key issues including appointing our board.
This openness has had many positive effects including:
Supporting our female talent and young engineers
What projects / schemes / initiatives to support women’s recruitment, retention and progression in STEM are Max Fordham LLP involved in?
- Our perspective is broad. We work collaboratively with our clients and other designers to develop sustainable design strategies that are specifically tailored to the project.
- We cross boundaries between engineering disciplines because that breadth of vision achieves the best buildings for our clients. So we recruit and train people who rise to that challenge.
- Our established Research & Innovation Group keeps our young engineers engaged; driving our research and development in the field of environmental design, building systems, resource use and experimental architecture.
- Through our Developing Countries Group, our young engineers have the opportunity to volunteer their time, skills and expertise to work on humanitarian engineering projects which are selected for the difference they make to local communities.
- Our Community Engagement Group aims to create a stronger connection between the Practice and the communities local to its offices. The type of work we do may include small engineering-based projects and non-engineering traditional volunteering projects such as gardening, painting, teaching and mentoring.Our Training Scheme
- Max Fordham has a long history of recruiting graduates from a range of scientific and engineering disciplines and helping them become excellent professional engineers.
- Working in project teams, graduates engineers learn from senior engineers through on the job training. Our accredited training includes mentoring, lectures, seminars, site experience, and attending design team meetings.