Global Relay Communications Inc.
Who are Global Relay Communications Inc.?
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics to the global financial sector. We deliver services to over 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports over 50 data types, including email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, and mobile messaging.
We’ve won major awards for our growth, management, and culture – including the Deloitte Fast 50 Leadership Award, Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and the Deloitte-sponsored Canada’s Best Managed Companies awards. Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in seven other cities across the world, including London and other major financial centers like New York and Chicago.
We’ve recently expanded our London operations to better serve our UK and EU customers. Our brand-new, four-story EMEA headquarters at 45 Cannon Street (near St. Paul’s Cathedral) features state-of-the-art amenities, a spectacular view of the city, and a conference centre for customer events. More importantly, it’s the base of Global Relay’s next major technical initiative, and where we will be building our next-generation products. We currently have over 700 employees worldwide, with plans to grow the London office significantly and have a 150-strong team in London by 2020. The Development team in London will work alongside our Business teams, solving complex and exciting business and technical problems.
What projects / schemes / initiatives to support women’s recruitment, retention and progression in STEM are Global Relay involved in?
Global Relay helps women establish and maintain successful technology careers in a variety of ways, including:
- Making a concerted effort to hire more female personnel with the skills and experience to take on leadership roles
- Establishing a Women in Technology group, which provides mentorship, support, guidance, and growth opportunities to its members
- Co-founding The Minerva Foundation Award (MFA) for BC Women in Digital Media
- Contributing (through MFA) toward an annual grant for women enrolled full-time in Simon Fraser University’s Master in Digital Media program
- Creating opportunities for Global Relay’s female development leads to interact and establish professional and social contacts in their field
- Posting regularly on job boards like WomenWhoCode to attract and find the best and the brightest female talents
- Presenting at organizations and programs like YWCA Tech Connect to create awareness on rewarding IT careers for women
Why did Global Relay join WISE?
“Global Relay is committed to promoting gender equality and empowering women. In joining WISE, Global Relay aims to raise awareness about the opportunities available to women in technology, a field traditionally dominated by men – and where many women, including our own President & General Counsel, have found remarkable success.”
– Joyce Hung – Vice President, Human Resources