Who are BAM Nuttall Ltd?
BAM Nuttall is totally focused on delivering quality civil engineering projects for our customers. We believe in working collaboratively and are fully committed to jointly developing the best and most cost effective solutions for all projects. Our aim is to build long lasting relationships with our customers and our supply chain partners.
Our purpose: ‘To create a sustainable future by bringing engineering to life.
Great people: Our working environment ensures that everyone can make a unique contribution. They can progress, realise their potential and excel. Great leadership is visible at all levels and inspires individuals to take responsibility. People are happy to be held to account. We celebrate the health and wellbeing of our people, and in turn they assure the success of our business.
Our values are the guiding principles by which we conduct ourselves and our business: Respectful – We care for others as individuals. Inventive – We never stop wanting to make things better. Trustworthy – We mean what we say and we do what we say Inclusive – We actively seek and value the input of everyone Responsible – We take responsibility for the long term impact of our actions
Together, our purpose, future and values form a reference point for everything we do.
"Our relationship with WISE has grown significantly since we became corporate members in August 2015 and our business is responding positively to our work on gender diversity following the implementation of the WISE 10 Steps model. We are acknowledging changes in our culture following developments of several initiatives including unconscious bias training and our Returners to Work programme. BAM are delighted to sponsor the Employer of the Year Award in 2017 and we are looking forward to the launch of the construction version of the People Like Me programme, this initiative will help change the perception of construction and engineering to young girls in school and colleges. I continue to influence and challenge perception of gender diversity in a male dominated industry through my work with our leadership group women." BAM – Helen James.
What projects / schemes / initiatives to support women's recruitment, retention and progression in STEM are BAM Nuttall Ltd involved in?
The women@BAM group objectives are to:
- Improve retention of women across the business
- Promote the visibility of women within our industry
- Provide Support networks to develop their personal and professional growth.
- Encourage women to achieve their full potential including fulfilling senior management rolls
- Encourage inclusive behaviours and language and develop the BAM Nuttall culture to fully integrate women at all levels and disciplines.
BAM Nuttall have ran and supported a number of events to raise the profile of women working in construction by:
- Producing film clip to highlight importance of language and behaviours
- Delivering regular regional forums to raise awareness of group
- Highlighting personal achievements of our successful women and promoting role models of all levels and disciplines
- Bring your daughter to work day
- Promoting our flexible working policy, highlighting case studies and providing a support network for line managers and employees
- Reviewing and further improving maternity packages
- Supporting National Women in Engineering day
- Working to improve women’s PPE
We are working with WISE to share best practice across the industry and forming a strategy for our 10 year vision for gender diversity and how this fits within the wider E, D & I programme.
Why did BAM Nuttall Ltd join WISE?
"BAM Nuttall have joined the WISE campaign to promote diversity for the fabulous careers that the engineering sector offers.
We want to share best practice across the network, to not only encourage more women to enter our industry, but also to retain them and ensure that they fulfil their potential in senior positions."
Stephen Fox, Chief Executive