- Competitive salary + bonus + excellent benefits
- Waters, Wilmslow, Cheshire
- Closes Tomorrow 01:00
A fantastic opportunity as a Software Team Manager to come and work at our site in Wilmslow! The largest site globally committed to the support and development of Mass Spectrometry systems. Designed to create and support connectivity and efficiency, it enables us embrace more collaborative ways of working and focus more on customer needs, quality and continual improvement in the way we innovate and design our products and systems.
We develop solutions that have a meaningful impact on the world:
- leads the way in helping scientists find ground-breaking treatments for cancer and other diseases.
- helps ensure the quality & safety of food, water and other drinks.
- helps drive innovation in new materials and for biodegradable plastics, safer cosmetics and latest consumer electronics.
Waters Corporation is currently leading a search for a Software Team Manager to join our Informatics Business at our state of the art Wilmslow site, which offers facilities such as onsite restaurant and gym. In this role, you will build our software development capability through effective recruitment and staff development as well as collaborating with the senior management team to facilitate, guide and improve our Agile Transformation.
Waters offer an excellent benefits package such as generous employer pension contribution, income protection, life assurance and private medical for all the family.
- Provide leadership for our software development team of around 20 people.
- Ensure development teams have the resources and skills to deliver against the product roadmaps.
- Alignment of objectives with Corporate Goals.
- Ensure that the development team are given the appropriate time to focus on learning and development.
- Help to resolve team specific impediments.
- Carry out regular reviews of Performance, objectives and professional development.
- Support and nurture a culture of innovation within their team and collaborate with the global Informatics Team managers.
- Build a culture focused on speed and agility with outward focus on the customer.
- Direct experience of managing and coaching teams and/or people.
- Proven experience in software development or a related discipline.
- Capable of solving complex problems.
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to convert strategy into deliverables for the team.
- Excellent communication and decision making skills.
For over 50 years, Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations, performance, and regulatory compliance. Specifically, the company designs, manufactures, sells, and services high performance liquid chromatography, ultra performance liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry technology systems and support products primarily in the United States, Europe, Japan, and Asia. Our innovations enable significant advancements within the pharmaceutical, life science, biochemical, industrial, food safety, environmental, academic and government industries. Waters is a publicly traded corporation (NYSE:WAT) with more than 6,500 employees and is represented in more than 100 countries around the world.