- £12,000 (1st year) rising incrementally in years 2 and 3
- Thomas Cook Airlines UK, College (1st Year) Hangar 1, Manchester Airport (years 2 and 3)
- Closes 17th June 2018
Aircraft Engineering Apprentice (x15 roles)
Department / Business Area: Thomas Cook Aircraft Engineering
Location: College (1st Year) Hangar 1, Manchester Airport (years 2 and 3)
Salary: £12,000 (1st year) rising incrementally in years 2 and 3
Hours: 37.5 per week
Job Purpose:. Assists TCAE Colleagues (Technicians, Licensed Aircraft Engineers) to learn how to perform and deliver aircraft maintenance whilst learning on the job and studying for a Trailblazer level 3 in Aeronautical Engineering.
Thomas Cook Airlines UK (TCX) is part of the Thomas Cook Group and operates over from 20 airports across the UK, carrying 6.7m passengers to 60 destinations including North America, the Caribbean Sea and India, as well as resorts across Europe and ski destinations in winter.
Thomas Cook Aircraft Engineering (TCAE), a European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Part 145 Maintenance Repair Organisation based at Manchester Airport, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Thomas Cook Airlines. Providing excellence in engineering across the fleet, TCAE prides itself on reliability, on time performance and flexibility in delivering our maintenance solutions to the Group Airlines.
Start your Engineering career at the heart of Thomas Cook Aircraft Engineering
You are enthusiastic about Engineering and Aviation? Are you looking forward to learning about the various aspects within Engineering and get your hands on real projects? Have you just finished your GSCE’s, A-Levels or have Engineering experience? Then you don’t have to wait any longer because Thomas Cook Aircraft Engineering is giving you the opportunity to gain a flying start in your career.
What we offer
For over 25 years Thomas Cook Aircraft Engineering has proudly produced high calibre Engineers through its respected Apprenticeship program. Our Apprenticeships are known for their hands on approach and combining theoretical studies with real projects and tasks during your daily work life. As an Apprentice you will have the chance to learn in the departments of Production, Projects, Quality, Powerplant and Planning during the course of the 3 years program and work in a team of experienced colleagues to perfect your Aircraft Engineering knowledge and skills.
During the first year you will learn all the theoretical technical aspects of Aircraft Engineering and refine your practical hand skills within a College environment. This will equip you with the relevant skills for the second and third year, where you will be relocating to the Manchester Hangar to continue your training by learning from our experts in Aircraft Engineering. The Apprenticeship we offer follows the Aircraft Maintenance Technician “Trailblazer” qualification standard and will prepare your for the EASA Part 66 Cat A Licence, which you will be able to obtain as soon as you are 21 years old. This Apprenticeship is an exciting and excellent opportunity for a varied career with growth potential and progress in the Aviation industry.
- Behavioural - Appearance, cooperation, responsibility, impression, demeanour, feedback and work ethic
- Cognitive - Learning ability, problem solving, health & safety, punctuality, awareness of time constraints, attendance and initiative
- Practical - Technical skills and quality of work
Key Performance Indicators
Personal Skills and Qualifications
- A valid UK/EU passport
- The right to live and work in the UK
- You have to be at least 16 years old
- Eyesight requirements exclude anyone with colour vision deficiency (please check with your optician before applying of you are unsure)
- Enjoys working in a team and treats everyone with respect in order to achieve your goals
- Likes to plan ahead and see tasks through from start to finish
- Enjoys coming up with creative solutions to problems
- Is excited by a challenge and pays attention to detail
- Good communication skills and has the confidence to ask questions
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge and experiences with colleagues and other Apprentices
- Take pride in doing your best, even in a challenging situation
- Has a real desire to learn and improve your knowledge and skills
- Genuine enthusiasm for Engineering
- Studying towards a National Vocational Qualification Framework - Level 3 in relevant technical subjects
- Previous experience in in the field of Engineering
Technical / professional qualifications:
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade A-C (or 4-9) including Maths, English and Science
2 x A Level or equivalents
Our selection process
If your application is successful you will reach the first stage consisting of a basic theory test to test your numerical, verbal, mechanical and electrical reasoning skills. The top 30 from this test phase will attend a practical assessment and interview in the next step to further evaluate your suitability for the role. Below you can find the time frame for the different stages.
Closing Date for Applications : 17th June 2018
Stage 1: 26th to 28th June 2018
Stage 2: 3rd to 5th and 10th to 12th July 2018
Apprenticeship start: 3rd September 2018
In total 15 Engineering Apprentices will be starting in September 2018 – get your place now and become part of the Thomas Cook Aircraft Engineering family!