- Westfield Stratford City |
- Closes 5th May 2018
Here at Westfield, we create and operate iconic retail & entertainment destinations in leading fashion, financial and technology capitals across the globe. Our success lies in our leaders and peers’ ability to constantly evolve and focus on where the future of retail is heading.
We are imaginative and bold, always pushing the boundaries to achieve results. Our culture embraces creativity, diversity and progression, nurturing everyone we work with to reach the top of their profession.
We now have an opening for a Fabric Technician to join our Facilities team based at Westfield Stratford City. The key focus of this role is to undertake and maintain all the centre’s facilities to a high standard.
In this role, you will be responsible for…
- Carrying out and assisting with planned maintenance and reactive maintenance.
- Assisting with the daily basic plant and equipment servicing.
- Carrying out and documenting Legionella control measures in line with the Westfield Policy.
- Remedial works in painting and decorating; and joinery and carpentry items to a high standard.
- Assist Building services engineers in fulfilling their duties
- Performing minor roof and external repairs.
- Repairing and maintaining hot and cold water services including replacement of sanitary ware and clearing of drains.
- Replacing internal and external floor and wall tiles where required.
- Ensuring all contractors are working within Westfield guidelines when working in the centre.
- Responding to site emergencies as requested by the management.
- Assisting in the preparation of dilapidation information.
We’re looking for someone with…
- Proven ability and experience in a similar role.
- The ability to work at heights and have or willing to take IPAF/MEWPs certificate.
- Trained in the Abrasive Wheels Regulations would be an advantage.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A building Trade NVQ / City & Guilds qualification such as brickwork, joinery or roofing
- CSCS card would be of a benefit.
- Proven experience of working in a customer services environment.
- Possess a working knowledge of relevant building and health and safety Legislation.
- Possess a current full clean driving license
- This role requires a flexible working pattern – shift work, weekends, bank holidays and overtime when required and to be available to travel at short notice
We believe our success is created through the core values that flow through our business…Achieves, Collaborates, Innovates and Build Community. We call these values the Westfield Edge. These are personified through the following characteristics in our people;
- Driving forward actions with pace and encouragement of creative solutions - you have a hunger for delivering results.
- An open and transparent communication style with the ability to listen, influence and challenge appropriately.
- The cultivation of close working relationships with peers and teams to drive win-win outcomes.
- A fresh & unrestrictive view on current ways of doing things to stimulate innovation and new approaches.
- Embracing change by fostering state-of-the-art knowledge and technology trends to sustain Westfield’s competitive edge.
- The desire and ability to question the status quo and build compelling cases for change while still working effectively within a team.
- Being dedicated, motivated and passionate about our people and our company.
Westfield is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people from the widest talent pool and those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. We do this by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important part in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences.
We are happy to consider applications from candidates who need some form of flexible working, so please ask us for more details.
Please apply now if this is ticking your boxes!