- £30k to £35k p.a. plus benefits
- De Beers Technologies, Maidenhead, UK.
- Closes 26th February 2018
De Beers Technologies is a world-leading diamond research and technological development company which undertakes work for the De Beers Group. Our team of scientists and engineers - specialists in a range of disciplines that includes physics, optics, electronics, design, mechanics and imaging technology - engage in fundamental diamond research and develop new methods for verifying and sorting diamonds.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work at a detailed level within projects, and will hence have a good knowledge of mechanical engineering and a developing knowledge of design principles and concepts.
- Work with De Beers Technology staff in the early stages of projects to understand requirements and feedback practical and economic design solutions based on this understanding.
- Analyse mechanical systems from a practical (i.e. usually a non-theoretical) point of view in terms of functionality, cost, practicality and longevity.
- Make judgements on suitable materials, components and methods of construction.
- Carry out system testing and record results. From these results make recommendations on how systems can be improved.
- Produce detailed designs of whole modules or small machine systems using design tools (i.e. CAD).
- Ensure that DBT engineering standards are adhered to and supported throughout the design cycle.
- Produce detailed and accurate documentation packages for machine modules and small systems.
- Possess a working knowledge of legislation relating to machine design (i.e. safety, environmental, LV and EMC directives).
- Offer advice inside and outside of the department on mechanical design methodology and analysis where appropriate.
- Work to ensure that project deadlines are met.
- Identify and communicate project risk areas.
- Produce cost estimates for projects as required.
- Health & Safety
- To ensure own working environment and practices complies with all legal and De Beers Group policy guidelines in relation to Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
- BSc / BEng Mechanical Engineering or allied subject, or equivalent.
Salary: £30k to £35k p.a. plus benefits
To apply, please email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org