- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
Would you like to join us to help shape the future of TV?
The video entertainment industry is at an exciting crossroads. Billions have been invested, market-leaders are emerging, and cutting-edge digital video services are delivering award-winning original programming. There’s never been a better time play a major role in this disruptive revolution. Amazon Video (AV) would like to offer every film and TV show to every customer to watch instantly anywhere in the world. Would you like to join us to help shape a future where that's possible?
The Amazon Video Commerce Platform team owns the Amazon Video customer experience in purchasing and subscribing to video content, from surfacing the most relevant offers and ensuring transactions succeed to managing the lifecycle of everything they have bought. We are a large team made up over 70 talented software development engineers and managers. The team has recently expanded and we are continuing to grow and build capability in 2017. The projects that we deliver are some of the most important and impactful in the business and you will get the opportunity to provide innovative solutions to millions of Amazon customers worldwide.
As part of your role, you will help shape the engineering vision of our platform going forward. We are seeking a talented Senior Development Manager to build the services that power all of Amazon Video devices and web globally. This job will challenge you on various fronts – You will solve technical challenges in optimization, large-scale computing, distributed systems, scalability, security, and algorithms just to name a few. You will drive future solutions that will impact how we run Amazon Video worldwide and interface with many teams. A successful candidate will have an established background in launching distributed and/or web services for consumer-facing products, a strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, and, of course, a passion for TV and film.
The Amazon Video Commercial Platform team is seeking a strong software development manager with distributed services experience to build and manage the systems that power all Amazon Video clients globally. As an Amazon software development manager, you will lead a team of software engineers responsible for the design, development, testing, and operations of Amazon Video Platform. A successful candidate will have a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, high creativity, great analytical reasoning skills, and, of course, a passion for TV and film.
· Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
· Experience managing a team of high caliber Software Engineers developing complex, world class, scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· A proven track record of software delivery through all phases of development and developing long-term development and business technology strategies
· Demonstrable knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
· Significant technical experience as a Software Engineer, developing distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience developing in at least one of Java, Scala, C# or C++