- £38,833 - £47,722 per annum
- Edinburgh Napier University, Edinburgh
- Closes 20th November 2017
Join Edinburgh Napier University and engineer a career that shapes the future
Lecturer – Electrical Engineering
We are currently looking for a Lecturer to join the School of Engineering & the Built Environment (SEBE) to specialise in Electrical Engineering.
Our School of Engineering & the Built Environment has a long history of innovative applied research, working with both industry specialists and the government on cutting edge projects that are internationally renowned and world leading. From automation and robotics, energy and renewables, to advanced materials, manufacturing and product design engineering our work has gained national and international recognition and influences our teaching programmes. We are specifically proud to host the Transport Research Institute (www.tri.napier.ac.uk
) and the Institute for Sustainable Construction, two internationally leading institutes with a focus on research.
Here at Edinburgh Napier we actively promote a strong inclusive environment and are proud of the progress of our inclusivity strategy, following our recent SEBE Athena Swan accreditation.
Within SEBE, the Electronic, Electrical & Mathematics group run three undergraduate programmes; Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronic & Electrical Engineering. Within this role, you will be lecturing in Electrical Engineering on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
You will be responsible for developing, designing and delivering teaching and student centred learning underpinned by academic scholarship and professional practice, within Electrical Power Engineering,
You will also be required to conduct individual and collaborative research projects, contributing to the research profile within your School, leading to the production of high quality research outputs/outcomes.
You will contribute to the University’s objective of growing our academic reputation for research-informed student learning. You must be ambitious and enthusiastic about cross-disciplinary working and be committed to working collaboratively across the University.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking for a new exciting challenge. Please note that you will be required to work overseas contributing to the international academic reputation of Edinburgh Napier University.
Who We Are Looking For
- A doctoral level qualification or equivalent achieved
- An established record of accomplishment in a research area closely related
- Experience of teaching and developing programme content in that area, and of delivering excellent teaching in an engaging way
- Experience of improving the effectiveness of the teams you have worked within
- Evidence of excellent communication at all levels
- Experience of undergraduate and postgraduate programme leadership
- Maintain national and international networks in industry and academia related to your area of expertise
- Evidence of achievement in a leadership role and management experience
- Research and/or teaching experience in
- Fellowship of the HEA
For a detailed list of the requirements, you can read the full role profile here
Benefits We Offer
- Salary: Grade 6 (Lecturer) £38,833 - £47,722 per annum.
Further information about our benefits can be found here
Application Closing Date: 20th November
Interviews will be held on Thursday 7th December
Edinburgh Napier University is committed to supporting equality in the workplace and encourages diversity. We currently hold a bronze Athena SWAN institutional award.