- Coca-Cola European Partners, East Kilbride
- Closes 4th October 2017
From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions, we build the future. Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, our employees make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® and Capri-Sun®.
Leading brands, great people, growth and the reward that comes with it: the raw materials for success are right here. But still, success depends on our skilled management sharing thirst: a thirst for getting more and better from our people and systems, a thirst for pushing limits, and a thirst for the rigour and challenge of a fast moving business.
Do you have a personality with the power to influence and connect?
Can you sustain the pace to keep on growing?
Will you make an impact with your desire to win?
Production Manager, East Kilbride
What you become a part of
Manage the manufacture of finished products across production lines according to the production performance, people, quality, yield and CRS targets.
Taking full accountability for delivering line performance targets and production schedules you will effectively manage the timely completion of the maintenance plan and command and control all planned and unplanned events to optimise line performance and production cost through shift management teams.
What to expect
1. Enable the exploitation of existing and developing product categories
- Initiate and lead as required new initiatives programmes
2. Drive Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Ensure the appropriate performance indicators and review mechanisms are in place to drive departmental performance
- Ensure all shift teams manage the production of finished product to deliver line utilisation targets and production schedules
- Ensure all shift teams manage the effective and timely completion of the maintenance plan (including cleaning and CIP)
- Ensure all shift teams effectively manage all planned and unplanned events to optimize line performance and production cost
- Utilise the input and the expertise of the other departments (Engineering, Production and QESH) to drive the production performance
- Create and control the budget and that resources are deployed to ensure manufacture of finished product to deliver the site production plan
- Effectively manage the use of resources (utilities, raw materials, packaging material, labour, spare parts, …)
3. Operational Excellence/Functional Excellence
- Ensure best practices are shared and replicated with other departments and colleagues (internal and external) to improve production performance, yield, quality, safety and environment
- Active involvement in local and SC OE programmes
- Create and encourage an engaging environment that drives a continuous improvement and high performing culture
4. Drive Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Ensure all shift teams on-line quality checks are monitored and carried out in accordance with quality testing standards
Quality, Environment and Health and Safety
- Ensure company standards and legal requirements for product, quality, safety, environment and people are met and improved
- Role model and implement Safety through Behavioural Safety programmes.
- Lead incident management investigations to ensure there is no risk to products and people and incorporate learnings into future manufacturing practices
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environment risk assessment processes are carried out in accordance with KORE standards to protect product and employees
- Support the Quality department in blocking, sorting, reworking and destruction of finished goods which fail product quality tests
- Provide an engaging and inclusive safe working environment for all team
- Maintain and improve management system elements to meet the needs as specified by KORE
Site Health and Safety
- Follow site safety best practices to ensure safe-working for self and to protect the safety of colleagues to demonstrate zero accident behaviour
- Ensure own personal hygiene meets requirements of food industry
5. People Leadership
- Recruit, induct, train and develop the team, providing the vision, direction and support to enable them to deliver their objectives and optimise and develop their performance in accordance with Country and CCE People Processes
- Review, assess and positively manage the absence levels within the team
- Support and develop the performance of individual team members utilising performance management tools and techniques and resolve disputes using appropriate dispute resolution processes
- Ensure all inputs linked to changes to team members’ terms and conditions e.g. pay, overtime wellbeing and welfare are made within specified timescales
- Play a leadership role within manufacturing, personally role-modelling behaviours and own performance required to achieve the site’s objectives
- Create a culture of effective cross-functional and flexible working on site (flexibility across lines & functions) to ensure labour flexibility to meet fluctuations in demand, create opportunities for career paths and cost-effective labour planning
What we expect of you
- Ideally graduate calibre with engineering/manufacturing management qualification
- Previous experience within a FMCG operational environment
- Understanding of cost drivers for manufacturing performance
- Proven accountability for productivity & quality performance
- Experience of developing and coaching other managers
If this role is of interest to you please upload a recent copy of your CV and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
We believe that equal opportunities means inclusion, diversity and fair treatment for all.
Location: United Kingdom : Scotland : East Kilbride