- CH2M, London
- Closes 15th November 2017
Architectural and Landscape Supervisor – Thames Tideway Tunnel Project, London, UK
CH2M would like to recruit an Architectural and Landscape Works Supervisor on a part time basis to work on the Thames Tideway Tunnel project in London.
The Architectural and Landscape Works Supervisor will support the Supervisor team to ensure on behalf of the Employer that the works comply with the NEC Contract Works Information, including Specifications and industry quality standards. The Employer, the Contractor, the Project Manager and the Supervisor shall act in a spirit of mutual trust and co-operation and in accordance with the concept of reasonableness in the Contract.
The Architectural and Landscape Works Supervisor shall be responsible for observing workmanship, identifying quality control/assurance issues, observing and undertaking tests and inspections and undertaking defects management specifically with regards to architectural works, public realm, buildings, landscaped areas. The Architectural Works Supervisor’s inspections shall be undertaken both on and off site (for mock-ups, inspections of samples, nursery visits etc). The sites include works in and around the river Thames, experience in marine or tidal environments preferred.
The Architectural and Landscape Works Supervisor must be sufficiently experienced in reviewing and understanding architectural specifications for landscape, some building control inspections, public realm matters, architecturally specified materials. Awareness of the operation of NEC contracts and in quality control and assurance are required.
The Architectural and Landscape Works Supervisor is a part time position (16-24 hours per week) which is shared between East, Central, and West Main Works Contracts to achieve consistent quality checks across the tideway programme.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist the Supervisor teams on East, Central, West Contracts for Tideway.
- Perform duties in a spirit of mutual trust and cooperation with Employer, the Contractor, and the Project Manager and in accordance with the highest professional standards.
- Become fully conversant with the provisions of the Contract to ensure that the works are constructed or installed in accordance with the Contract.
Duties include the following:
- Assist the Supervisor team providing input to the Observations and Witness and Hold Point inspections. Undertaking the Supervisor ITP Intervention points for all architectural and landscape matters across the 3 MWCs.
- Providing review input into design and construction solutions to resolve site based queries and coordinating resolution of issues (where it is not the responsibility of the Contractor)
- Reviewing and commenting on in conjunction with the Project Manager’s Construction Quality Manager the ITPs / Material Approvals and Method Statements
- Monitoring the Contractor to ensure that proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve the contractual quality compliance with the works in accordance with “Management and Administration of the Works 0500, Quality Management 0900 and Tests & Inspections 1100”.
- Support the Supervisor team in the review and acceptance of the Contractor certification packages.
- Contribute to continuous improvement, best practice and lessons learned
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Contribute to the management of safety on site including the safety of public, safety of the site work force, safety of the permanent works, and the safety of property.
- Assist with defect reporting and notification of corrective measures
- Suitable Engineering education (BSc, HND/HNC, NVQ) or extensive first hand construction or technician experience
- Applicants could come from engineering, surveying, architectural technology or construction degree background Member of relevant professional organisations
Skills and experience:
- Inspection experience of architectural installations and finishes
- Interventions to listed buildings and structures (Conservation)
- Preferred experience with Jetty, marine riverwalls, piers etc.
- Marine/river landscaping and building works (intertidal terraces and planting)
- External works: hard and soft landscaping and external lighting
- Building works, new and refurbishment to all current UK standards
- Experience of the Supervisor role or other quality control inspections of high quality landscape and building projects
- Experience in the management of multiple sites
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to multi-task with limited supervision
- Proficient in the use of latest industry standard computer software Awareness of NEC Forms of Contract
Characteristics and attributes:
- UK resident or eligible to work in the UK.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in complex situations.
- Ability to work safely and unsupervised.
- Ability to effectively time-manage.
- Flexible approach to working patterns and hours on part time basis.
- Flexible in working / site locations across London tideway sites and UK.