- Permanent, Full Time
- Closes 6th June 2018
- Requisition ID: WD164107
- Required degrees: Bachelors
GSK is on a journey towards digital transformation to become the global leader in bringing the best in class analytics and insights, to serve the consumer and patient. In April 2017, Emma Walmsley, formerly the Head GSK Consumer, was appointed CEO of GSK and has been vocal about her desire to accelerate GSK’s digital transformation. This strategy is far reaching and will extend to all corners of the business – from Big Data and applications of artificial intelligence in R&D to New Media in bringing to life consumer brands.
As GSK Consumer Healthcare embarks on its Digital journey, we continue to look for ways to further digitize our business by optimizing and developing new web and mobile (owned media) properties. As a result we are looking for an Content & Commerce Product & Platform Specialist to join our team.
The demand pipeline and need for optimizing and developing new web and mobile (owned media) properties at GSK is already significant and is growing. You will be joining a fast developing team and this role will give you the chance to fully leverage your significant technical capabilities. If you have very deep Digital and Web/Mobile platform capabilities in the Content & Commerce space and are looking for a role that will give you the chance to break into new areas, this is the role for you.
• Expertise: We envision the Product and Platform Specialist to be the go-to technical expert on various platforms such as the below:
o Web and mobile digital delivery
o Experts Portals
o Customer Identity and Access management
o Marketing Automation, CRM and campaigns and personalized consumer experiences
o Work closely with the Digital Analytics & Media teams to provide measurements in terms of content optimisation and feedback loop
• Acceleration & Quality: You will work in close partnership with Architecture, Development & Operations/Service resources and use your technical expertise and aptitude to assist in a full spectrum of activities across those areas.
• Forward Looking: As a technical expert, you will also be relied upon to conduct forward looking prototypes and additional responsibilities will include evaluating and recommending emerging technologies and standards. You will keep abreast of industry developments in this space and be able to interpret how these would impact services and present new opportunities.
As a rough guide expect 60% of the role to be technical expertise focused, 20% of the role to be focused on assisting the development and operations teams on an as-needed basis on a wide range of platform topics and the remaining 20% to be forward looking & prototype/pipeline focused. We also envision this specialist to work closely with the enterprise GSK platforms team on platform provisioning and architecture activities as needed.
The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with a high quality and forward looking Content & Commerce team. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• Experience in Content & Commerce Platforms / Solutions (eg. Content Management Systems – Adobe, Mobile Development Platforms like PhoneGap, Xamirin, etc.) and development of such solutions in a world-class innovative company. Deep expertise in Adobe is an absolute must for this role.
• Experience in continuously evaluating new solutions and platforms that bring significant competitive advantage to our business and providing a strong justification for us investing in them.
• A development background in a multi-paradigm language (ideally C# or equivalent languages e.g. Scala or Java) would be expected.
• Experience as a specialist with technologies mentioned above with a demonstrated expertise in emerging technologies and digital platforms.
• Fully conversant with progressive and modern architecture principles such as SOA, microservices, etc. Prior experience with optimizing web and mobile properties by creating reusable components such as templates, etc. is a must.
• Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with analytics in a healthcare or CPG company is a plus.
• Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the commercial and digital organizations.
• Excellent written, diagrammatic and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts is a must.
• MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience, with weighting on experience and proven track record preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
Please see basic qualifications
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.