- Permanent, Full Time
- Closes 6th June 2018
- Requisition ID: WD164102
- Required degrees: Bachelors
As GSK Consumer Healthcare embarks on its Digital journey, we continue to look for ways to further digitize our business by optimizing and developing new web (owned media) properties, implementing new content & commerce tech platforms, etc. With regards to this, we are looking for a Content & Commerce Director to join our Digital Innovation, Data / Analytics and Innovation Team and be a member of the LT.
This individual must be highly experienced in managing complex software projects simultaneously, possess a strong background in Digital technology, and have a deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile processes. This person will also have experience working with a wide range of software development partners.
The role will also have a responsibility to establish and manage a team structure of about 10-15 FTE’s plus contractors which can execute against the known and expected demand roadmap and directly support the business objectives underpinned by Content and Commerce solutions. In specific,
o Web and mobile digital delivery
o Experts Portals
o Content Management Systems
Digital Asset Management -DAM
Content Marketing Platform
Creative Development platform
o Copy Approval
o Customer Identity and Access management
o Marketing Automation, CRM and campaigns and personalized consumer experiences
o eCommerce and Omni-channel
Product Information Management
Direct to Consumer platforms
o Work closely with the Digital Analytics & Media teams to provide measurements in terms of content optimisation and feedback loop
This individual will be responsible for:
o Providing technology leadership for all components of Digital Content & Commerce projects as listed above.
o Oversees selection, development of applications and platforms, working with and managing an internal team but also acting as an interface to external development partners. Directs and coordinates resources working on multiple project
o Identify and track major project deliverables, milestones and required tasks from a development perspective
o Identifies emerging trends at the intersection of Software, Hardware and Consumer Healthcare and where applicable integrate them into projects.
o Determines high level feasibility of innovation solutions and reliably estimate complexity from a list of features
o Form a bridge between software development and high-level product management to translate requirements and user stories into effective software
o Manages a portfolio of multiple projects and products from small to large scale in a cross-functional environment
o Manages communications with agency representatives, external partners and stakeholders
o Effectively communicates with both technical and non-technical staff, stakeholders, end-users, and vendors
The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with senior colleagues across the company in R&D, digital, product development and new product introduction. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• Bachelor’s degree; MSc or relevant technical degree preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
• Experience in software development and proven history managing and delivering complex projects in a Digital Content & Commerce space – strong experience with rollout of all the aforementioned capabilities and technologies is a must.
• Deep experience with modern toolsets in Agile environments
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and manage vendor relations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to align stakeholders from business and IT with competing priorities
• Extensive organizational skills to manage internal and external expectations and project artifacts
• A strong background in technology, analysis and critical evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources
• Experience in creating and improving processes
• Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate team members, and elicit work output in a team environment. Experience having built a team from the “ground-up”
• Proven experience in successfully working in a team setting and ability to reconcile conflicts
• Significant experience in CPG, Tech, Agency or Media company is required
• Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and digital technologies
• Experience with both web and mobile development, and enough knowledge to work well with both front and back end developers
• Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
• Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with connected healthcare devices is a plus.
• Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the digital and R&D organizations.
• Ability to develop and maintain productive working links with suppliers and specialist technology providers to assemble and maintain a distinctive and flexible mix of capabilities against project requirements.
Please see basic qualifications
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.