- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
As a Software Engineer at GSK, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll get an opportunity to work in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Spark, Kafka, Azure/Cloud Infrastructure, Hadoop, Scala, NoSQL databases, relational databases, node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, REST, JSON, XML, HTML5, CSS, and Chef to name a few.
What you’ll do:
• Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
• Continuously improve software engineering practices
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
• Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
• Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
• At least 3 years of full-stack Java application development experience
• At least 2 years of experience developing APIs
• At least 2 years of experience with CI/CD tools
• At least 1 year of experience with container based environments
• At least 1 year of experience working with cloud technologies, such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
• At least 1 year of experience working with relational databases
• 2+ years of experience with Jenkins suite, like Cloudbees
• 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance technologies JUnit, SoapUI or Postman
• 2+ years of experience in Unix Shell Scripting
• 2+ years of experience with HP JMeter, Splunk, BlueStripe, CloudWatch or Zabbix
• 2+ years of experience with Agile methodologies Scrum, SAFe or Kanban
• 2+ years of experience with Open-Source or public GitHub projects
• 2+ years of using Spring or Jersey for public cloud deployment
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), we’re building a leading information-based technology company. GSK is on a mission to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GSK succeeds by improving the lives of our customers.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.