- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
As part of a site-based IT team, the key purpose of this role is to oversee the scoping and delivery of IT support services supplied to Worthing site. You will have overall leadership of the Worthing site IT team and accountability for IT site, this role will ensure alignment between business and IT strategies through working closely with Site and IT Leadership.
This role is FTC/Secondment until 31st Dec 2019.
• Responsible for IT at the Worthing site
• IT Business Partner for Site Director & Site Leadership Team (SLT). Represent IT in site governance forums
• Implement GMS IT strategies at site(s) – operating model, strategic controls, governance
• Ensure site exploits IT strategies and has plans to move to strategic standards
• Generate, maintain and deliver an IT Roadmap for site and drive site/business requirements into central planning and delivery through liaison with IT Business Partners.
• Engage with site tiered accountability process and participate in IT Performance Management processes. Site point of contact for all IT requests and escalations.
• Line-manage site IT team, ensuring capability is enhanced and on-going development takes place
• Align central project delivery to site strategies and plans
• Drive simplification and standardization for IT systems at site
• Ensure exploitation of systems to drive & embed value
• Management of IT OPEX and CAPEX
• Ensure inspection readiness of IT
• Build Site Business Process knowledge and Technical knowledge of supporting Strategic IT Applications
• Ensure site IT risks are identified and mitigated appropriately
• To be aware of and understand appropriate commitments/requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS) & Information Technology Management System (ITMS).
• Understand and follow the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice.
• Take action to rectify or report deviations from GMP or the QMS.
• Perform duties in accordance with the Site and Company Procedures
People Management Responsibilities:
• Number of direct reports: Site IT Service Lead and Site IT Delivery Lead as direct reports. Will also include seconded positions on occasions
• Ability to work in matrix relationship with staff from across the enterprise.
• Develop skills, knowledge, and behaviours to effectively lead, manage, coach and develop employees
• Recruit suitable candidates as required
• Effectively manage and develop talent of employees
• Must have experience or knowledge of a manufacturing environment with a strong understanding of manufacturing principles and practices
• Broad knowledge and understanding of IT systems and how they apply, or could be applied, to supported business process areas.
• Thorough understanding of business area strategic goals, processes and workflow, and of the IT tools deployed in support
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle and Project Management methodologies
• Familiar with the concepts, standards, technology, tools, processes, procedures, hardware, software and services in use for delivering information services
• Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to learn new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to plan own work to meet objectives, and to work independently.
• Holder of ITIL Foundation certificate
• Knowledge and experience working with Six Sigma/Lean Sigma processes and tools.
Application End Date - 1st May 2018
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and deeded healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.