- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
The Medical / Scientific Director will take responsibility as the Medical Affairs expert for nominated Global Health products in market/late stage development (focus on Chlorhexidine/Tafenoquine). Working closely with the Head of Medical Affairs for Global Health to execute the medical affairs strategy and plans, including medical launch activities and ongoing lifecycle management, for assigned products.
• Working closely with the Head of Medical Affairs for Global Health to execute Medical Affairs strategy and plans including Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP), for assigned late stage assets such as Chlorhexidine/Tafenoquine.
• Be the Medical Affairs expert for assigned assets, ensuring a high level of knowledge of the asset/ indication.
• Create and deliver medical training (internally and externally) to support new product launches and ongoing safe and effective use of GSK products.
• Work in close collaboration with commercial and R&D colleagues to co-ordinate launch preparation and foster new ways of working to deliver life-saving products to patients in low resource settings.
• Conduct stakeholder mapping and understanding of a diverse range of external stakeholders to include physicians, academic, institutional, governmental and non-governmental organisations.
• Lead and implement global scientific engagement program for assigned assets.
• Oversight and review of Investigator Sponsored Studies (ISSs) for assigned assets.
• Gathers medical insights from the LOCs and external stakeholders to shape the medical and integrated evidence plan for assigned assets.
• Responsible as a subject matter expert to ensure all activities and content are compliant with Scientific Engagement principles, GSK’s Code of Practice and GSK values.
• Ph.D, PharmD or MD
• Experience in Medical Affairs, including launch support requirements.
• Robust understanding of promotional codes/ regulations; previous involvement in review and approval processes.
• Highly developed leadership, networking, communication and influencing skills to work effectively in a complex matrix environment.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong internal and external networks.
• Prior above country experience advantageous.
• Developing world/ disease experience preferable
• ABPI signatory status
GSK’s goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. As a global company, GSK takes on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. The biggest contribution we can make to society is to innovate and widen access to new medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. GSK is recognised as world leading in our commitment to global health through R&D in Pharma and Vaccines, capacity building, pricing and access initiatives. Our consistent leadership of the Access to Medicines Index (ATMI) and number one position in the Fortune Change the World Index provides independent validation of this comprehensive end to end strategy.
The Global Health Virtual Unit has been created to align the Global Health activities of Pharma R&D, Vaccines and ViiV. This role offers the opportunity for an ambitious medical affairs director to gain experience of working with diverse healthcare systems across the emerging markets and lead launch activities for Global Health products within the late stage portfolio.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.