- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• To provide leadership and development of the aligned Therapy Area Medical team (Medical Affairs, Copy Approval Team, Medical Information and Multichannel, plus Clinical Operations, as appropriate). Product responsibilities to include:-
o Portfolio ie classic and established brands
o Immunology & rare disease products
• Through line reports and broader therapy aligned team members (e.g. Marketing, Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory) generate and implement high quality medical strategic and tactical plans and activities that address patient, customer and business needs, ensuring medical governance oversight.
• Partner with key stakeholders, as appropriate, to optimise launch/access to medicines, gather medical insights from the field medical team, patient advocacy and key external stakeholders to inform and shape product strategy.
• To work closely with aligned Marketing and Sales Director and wider UK Commercial teams to agree prioritisation and implementation plans that include best-practice medical communication and active EE/customer interaction.
• To work with Brand Team and Health Outcomes Research to influence positive market access through external stakeholder engagement and NICE, SMC etc submissions.
• To lead Medical teams on value adding activities with specific reference to interactions with and data presentations to KEEs, NHS bodies and commissioners, formulary decision makers and national and local decision makers. Influence opinion leaders and policy makers to shape the UK environment in line with scientific evidence and business strategy relying on technical expertise and influencing skills.
• Accountable for reviewing local, therapy aligned, GSK sponsored and Investigatory Sponsored Study proposals, to address their scientific merit and strategies need, and liaise with technical experts in R&D, as required.
• To ensure appropriate use and pharmacovigilance of GSK medicines – in marketed brands and development projects
• Responsibility for departmental budgets (including oversight of clinical study budget), headcount plans and forecasts, workload and productivity of staff to meet agreed plans
• To flexibly utilise and develop the skills of the Therapy Area Medical team through the personal and professional development of all team members in collaboration with peers
• As a member of the Medical Lead Team, to have shared accountability for shaping directorate strategy and achieving the Medical Directorate vision and business objectives.
• To maintain and leverage effective relationships with central R&D and to ensure, through Franchise/above country representation, that UK influence is appropriately reflected in Global/European plans, recognising the need for European consistency and cohesion through a ‘Europe First’ mindset.
• To work closely personally, and through direct reports in the Clinical Research team, with UK Clinical trials networks to develop and maintain relationships with KEEs to build trust in GSK and its products through discussions on available evidence and data gaps. To investigate and propose strategies to address data gaps with European teams to ensure the Evidence Planning process within GSK UK fits with and provides an integrated European position.
• To be accountable for clinical operations performance in both R&D and Pharma Europe studies in own therapy area.
• GMC registered medical doctor with the right to work in the UK preferred
• Pharmaceutical industry experience with significant breadth of experience in both Medical Affairs and Clinical Research. Ability to demonstrate experience of ABPI certification and Code of Practice appeals (or equivalent), successful Regulatory Authority interactions and Clinical Research strategy and operations. While the above are required, the ability to blend technical and interpersonal skills is of prime importance in this role.
• Proven leadership experience and ability to lead change
• Superior organisational skills
• Ability to debate scientific issues at the highest level and negotiate on policy implications and decisions
• Breadth of clinical knowledge to apply themselves to new areas as appropriate to GSK’s growing portfolio
• Ability to work in a fast moving environment with a blend of science and commercial drivers
• Self motivated, flexible and goal oriented
• Requirement to be an inclusive team player, communicating at all levels
• Well developed presentation skills
• Proven project management capabilities, sharing ability to lead, bringing others with them using creativity to solve problems
• Ability to understand business objectives and in the context of the external environment
• Ability to work to SOPs and relevant statutory and regulatory requirements (e.g. Medicines Act, ABPI Code of Practice, ICH, EC Directives)
• Ability to network and build relationships (across GSK UK, Europe, Global R&D and externally) thus achieving credibility and influence
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.