- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
We have an opening for a Treasury Analyst to join the team on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team.
The treasury analyst sits in the Global Cash Management (GCM) team, within Corporate Treasury and is central to deliver the key strategic objectives for the team. The role will provide support on a broad range of Treasury matters and large-scale projects aimed at developing Enterprise Value Add opportunities and structured cash management solutions globally.
GCM delivers value to GSK by driving optimal working capital opportunities with a focus on strong project management, governance and stewardship.
GCM is responsible for the design/deployment of an In-House Cash Centre (IHC) as part of a major Global ERP Programme for GSK, including the adoption of secure bank connectivity channels, cash sweeping and payment factory structures. The role will assist with identifying potential bank migration projects in advance of future ERP deployments and support multiple country implementations, including local market analysis & pre-engagement assessments, documentation and working with local banks. The ERP Programme is currently focused on Asia and North America but is now moving into other regions, such as Latin America.
Treasury is accountable for GSK’s banking relationships so this role will work closely with our core banks to facilitate deployment activities.
This role is an ideal opportunity for to develop a strong understanding of Treasury and Cash Management, through a variety of projects and initiatives that drive efficiencies across GSK’s businesses.
In addition to the above, the role will also include the following:
1) Support the Manager - Global Cash Management in the development of repeatable processes and improving lead times for future rollouts.
2) Support the successful design and deployment of the In House Cash Centre in accordance with the Target Operating Model and CERPS schedule, enabling GCM to deliver GBP14m of annual P&L benefits.
3) Ownership and improvement of a standard process for the opening and closing of bank accounts globally and continued ownership of request monitoring and approvals, including progress tracking, driving the timely completion of requests and periodic reporting to GCM Management.
a. Support the business to ensure adherence to the GSK Finance Manual, particularly with regards to account openings and closing policies.
4) Meet the account closure target for 2016, through proactive identification of bank accounts to be closed and ensuring timely closure.
5) Ownership of “As-Is” banking structure diagrams and updates for Business As Usual changes post deployment Go-Lives; including maintaining a central repository.
6) Work with KYC.com and GSK’s core relationship banks to successfully deliver a pilot project in the UK for standardised “Know Your Customer” documentation, including a post-implementation review and draft recommendation for further roll-outs.
7) Ensure we are ‘audit ready’ at all times, including compliance with document retention policies and evidencing completed project deliverables, including recording of key project decisions and approvals.
a. Quarterly audit of Treasury project documents/deliverables/approvals for each ERP deployment recorded as completed in the team dashboard, including one-off audit reviews upon completion of each delivered project.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• Strong data analytical and manipulation skills.
• Demonstrated report writing ability.
• Ability to challenge current processes and present rationale for recommended improvements.
• Competency using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships, influence and communicate with brevity and impact required.
• Experience in influencing across a matrix environment and up to senior levels may be required.
• Demonstrated ability to structure work and meet tight timelines with a high degree of uncertainty in terms of risks and issues required.
• Project Management experience.
• Treasury and Cash Management experience.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ownership of deliverables.
• Knowledge of SAP in general and specifically In-House Cash.
• GSK knowledge is preferred
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and deeded healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.