- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
Are you looking for a TECHNICAL ENGINEER role or inspire to be one? Do you want an engineering role which will allow you to contribute positively to not only your community but the world? Come and join us! Together we can serve the patients around the world to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHERE DOES THE JOB FIT?
The Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) organization within GSK oversees and operates 16 million square feet of space with over 65,000 facilities assets, including all R&D laboratory and pilot plant facilities, with an insured asset value of over £3billion.
WE HAVE MULTIPLE ROLES TO FILL
WHAT WILL YOU DELIVER?
As a Technical Engineer within the WREF team, we’ll look to you provide an oversight of performance and enhanced technical engineering services support to maintain and enhance site infrastructure and pilot plant operations. This will be achieved through the provision of engineering expertise, the effective delivery of maintenance programs and strong project management.
You will be the key interface with our customer groups ensuring the services are aligned to our business customers needs whilst maintaining service levels as defined in the service contracts. You will develop strong relationships with managers and leaders from both our customers and service partners and will have a strong focus on customer service.
You will ensure the safety and compliance with all relevant standards (including GMP, GLP Environmental & Process Safety) of the site utilities and/or pilot plant facilities.
You will also provide oversight and proactive support to our contract engineering partners to enable their effective delivery of hands-on site engineering services.
You will have a high degree of autonomy to ensure high quality standards are being met whilst ensuring all elements of our risk management is being considered by all 3rd party suppliers expecting from them a low margin of error.
You will have a proactive and pre–emptive stance when dealing with the day to day delivery for this role especially whilst dealing with all the 3rd party suppliers.
Hence, in order to be successful in this role you will need to have a strong engineering background (which may be from a Mechanical, Electrical, BioTech or Chemical Engineering background together with some level of knowledge of process or electrical (controls/automation) bias) with very strong abilities to liaise with internal customers and third party service providers. Experience managing third party providers would be welcomed.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
• Support engineering related capital projects on site ensuring compliance with site infrastructure strategy.
• Monitor and investigate service partner contract service levels and escalate remediation activities as required.
• Integrate facilities engineering support into site operations and/or pilot plant production schedules, maximizing facility ‘up-time’ and minimizing disruptions to customer groups
• Maintain up to date knowledge of facility and engineering safety legislation.
• Support root cause analysis of engineering related issues or instruments.
• Work with plant operations, plant technical teams, and external stakeholders (i.e. EHS) to ensure completion of instrumentation OOS/OOT investigations
• Perform trend analysis of quality and safety critical systems as necessary and drive implementation of any corrective actions.
• Oversee gap reviews of global engineering standards, hazardous area requirements etc. to ensure continued compliance with all engineering codes and requirements.
• Drive continuous improvement by identifying cost, energy, and efficiency opportunities. Facilitate frequent walkthroughs (i.e. GEMBA) within the facilities and/or pilot plants involving business and service partners.
• To monitor and contribute to site infrastructure life cycle asset management and capital plan development.
• To improve the sustainability and efficiency of the facilities and/or pilot plants including the identification of waste, driving implementation of energy savings projects and contributing to engineering aspects of sustainability and energy reduction programs.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I WORK WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive On Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you’re the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 31st January 2018 to ensure you’re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• BSc degree in either Mechanical, Electrical.
• Have the ability to provide technical guidance and service delivery governance to third party service organization
• Recent and relevant experience in facility operations or technical support services in a GMP regulated plant environment
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
• Experience with campus scale facilities management
• Experience with management of service contracts
• Excellent customer facing experience with good soft skills qualities dealing with internal and external clients
Preference would also be given for any applicant demonstrating the following:
• Familiar with electrical power distribution systems, or commercial mechanical systems and controls
• Understanding of high purity water systems
• Expertise in risk assessment methodology, incident investigation, and root cause analysis
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with continuous improvement methodologies
• Must be able to work in a complex environment taking a balanced view across all interested parties and across business lines
• Understanding of Corrective and Preventative Actions and Deviations logs with lead and lag metrics will be highly desirable
• Knowledge of Scada or any other similar emergency control systems will be preferred
• Knowledge / experience working with ADP Practices or Lean Six Sigma will be a plus
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.