- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Significant experience applying analytics to answer business questions & provide actionable recommendations
• M.A./M.S. in statistics, computer science, economics, applied mathematics, engineering, operations research, or other quantitative decision sciences
• Experience in R, SAS, or similar programming with demonstrated proficiency in procedures(mixed modeling, logistical/categorical modeling, predictive models), macros and basic data manipulation
• In-depth knowledge of analytic practices and methodologies in Consumer Goods Industry – Marketing Mix Modeling, Price and Promotion Analytics, SKU Rationalization, In-market Tests, Market Structure, etc
• Proven ability to work under tight timelines and prioritize among multiple projects
• Self-starter that can work effectively with limited management
• Strong written & verbal communication skills particularly as it relates to complex technical topics
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel
• PHD in statistics, economics, applied mathematics or operations research
• Experience in Consumer Health or Consumer Goods Companies
• Experience with Quasi Newton Methods, Approximation theory and Genetic Algorithms
• Specific experience working with global teams
• Strong experience with relational database structures (e.g. star schema) and ETL processes
An exciting opportunity has become available due to an internal promotion for an experienced Advanced Analytics Manager to join our Global Analytics team in Brentford. As part of the Global Digital Marketing organisation, the analytics function owns the development and implementation of analysis across the globe, in the areas of Market Measurement, A&P Optimisation, Digital Analytics and Price and Promotion analysis. Consumer Healthcare leadership have set high expectations for using analytics to more deeply understand business problems, predict outcomes, optimize resources, and ultimately provide recommendations which drive tangible business results. To meet these expectations, it is important to have the right technical and procedural fundamentals. You will be part of the advanced analytics team responsible for developing best-in-class methodologies that can be used to improve decision making and ultimately lead to better business performance. The advanced analytics manager is a global role within the advanced analytics team.
Who are we:
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
GSK Consumer Healthcare combines our strong pharmaceutical capabilities in regulatory, medical, drug manufacturing, and healthcare professional access - doctors, dentists, pharmacists - with best in class fast moving consumer goods capabilities - consumer insight, speed to market, brand focus and the ability to effectively partner with retailers. We call this combination of pharmaceutical and fast moving consumer goods capabilities ‘Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare’, and believe we are uniquely placed to become the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company driven by science and values.
To find out more about Working at GSK, click here.
To find out more about GSK Consumer Healthcare, click here.
• Lead development of methodologies for Marketing Mix Modelling, A&P optimization, Price and Promotion Analytics, SKU Rationalization, In-market Tests, Market Structure analysis, etc.
• Develop best-in-class analytic methods either internally or in partnership with analytic services vendors
• Manage relationship with global analytics service vendors including RFP (request for proposal)
• Drive innovation & experimentation supporting the analytics pilot process
Global & Executive Analysis
• Support advertising & promotion optimization as part of annual planning to guide global investment choices to drive maximum business performance
• Conduct executive & business development analysis
Training & Embedding Analytics
• Conduct advanced analytics training curriculum for both the analytics & commercial organization
• Work with staff in key countries to ensure analytics methods are successfully adopted
• Actively promote the importance of analytics and a performance management culture with data-driven decision making
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we’ll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 15th December 2017
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.