- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Life science graduate plus relevant experience
• Experienced in cell biology, flow cytometry and functional analysis of immune cells
• Strong hands-on experience in relevant immunology assays such as in vitro killing, proliferation, phenotyping and cytokine measurement.
• Background in basic research and interest in drug discovery
• Track record of showing initiative and problem-solving
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Well organised with multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritise work supporting multiple programs
• Ability to lead from the bench and to work in a team to achieve group objectives
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficient in aseptic cell culture and transduction/transfection of cells
• Experience working with engineered T-cells
• Basic molecular biology experience, such as PCR, qPCR, cloning and western blot
• Experience of a range of cell imaging and analysis techniques, such as multi-color flow cytometry and immuno-phenotyping
• Maintenance of accurate and clearly written laboratory notebooks and database records
• A strong immunology background
• Drug discovery experience
GlaxoSmithKline is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a structure for delivery and strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated immunologist to join an exceptionally talented team within GSK's pioneering Cell and Gene Therapy department. This opportunity will see you becoming immersed in the science and therapy area itself. You will have exposure to the whole drug discovery process and be part of the development of some game changing assets within GSK's Cell and Gene Therapy portfolio that will change our patient's lives. The ideal candidate will have a track record of delivery and achievement in immunology and cell biology. The successful candidate will join the Oncology Cell Therapy Unit within Oncology R&D and will be based at GSK in Stevenage.
With strong experience in immunology and the relevant techniques you will be required to be an essential contributor to team that is focused on generating data to drive key decisions for oncology cell therapy discovery programmes. You must be able to work well, both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary research team, think proactively, open to the ideas of others, and willing to accept responsibilities outside of your core job description. You will be accountable for generating high quality, robust data to support your findings. Importantly, you must have a strong desire to lead research from the bench, with a track record for delivery and a strong scientific background. You will be expected to develop credibility with colleagues across GSK R&D, perform data analysis, record keeping and reporting of results to corporate databases to agreed timelines and to give oral presentations of results at programme, group and departmental meetings.
The candidate must be a creative, innovative self-starter, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in team and matrix environments.
The position is available in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK
Please use the cover letter to highlight how you meet the competencies for the role. Your cover letter along with your CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: 14th December 2017
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.