- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
O Levels and experience of working at senior level and RSA/Pitman secretarial qualifications.
Excellent organizational/interpersonal skills in order to maintain a sense of professionalism and competency. Also with regards to communication both verbal/ written communication are important when meeting or writing to customers who are both internal and external from the organisation.
• High level of knowledge and skill in use of e-mail, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Highly effective written and verbal communication, listening and interpersonal skills
• Good numeracy skills required.
Experience of working at a senior level within ViiV/GSK. Knowledge of ViiV & GSK systems and Microsoft applications.
Demonstrated experience of working as an Executive Assistant and experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledge of ViiV Healthcare and organizational structure. Further education in business studies and secretarial skills. Understanding of Medical Terminology preferred.
To produce a professional and high standard of work, where confidentiality, sense of urgency and diligence are key.
This role provides the personal administrative support for members of the VET and responsibility for continuous improvement of cross-functional administrative support processes within ViiV which are key to the smooth execution of all administration and office management within ViiV.
PA & Administrative Support
• Providing full PA support, including telephone cover, full diary management and e-mail management, set up/management of Team Sites and Live Meetings, processing expenses, planning and arranging meetings/events and preparing and booking travel itineraries.
• Support in creation of key presentations, ensuring the quality and functionality of outputs
• The role holder will be expected to deal with sensitive commercial and people related information and is expected to be able to respond as appropriate
• Preparation for meetings and events
• Support to develop agenda, schedule and meeting requirements.
• Project management of complex, global administrative related tasks and events across different time zones.
• Using process improvement approaches to all aspects of work; identifying and implementing efficient administrative practices and anticipating future support needs from the VET member
• Being knowledgeable about all administrative related GSK/ViiV systems and processes to be able to work quickly and effectively for their senior stakeholder.
• Pro-active and intuitive working, solving problems without intervention from VET member whilst juggling the current priorities.
• Understands the value of business knowledge and proactively looks for opportunities to deepen that knowledge.
• Uses business awareness and personal judgement to recognise what needs prioritising.
• Building a strong network of relationships across ViiV/GSK
• Understanding stakeholder requirements/requests and suggesting appropriate solutions.
• Influencing others to deliver results
• Demonstrating integrity and confidentiality in all dealings with stakeholders
• Proactively planning/delivering meetings and events ensuring they are delivered on time and on budget.
• Understanding the business and using this awareness to influence judgement and prioritization.
**Closing date for applications: 19th December 2017**
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.