- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Degree within a technical area.
• Significant experience running a commercial Tech organization in a major global pharma or consumer healthcare organization
• Proven track record in successful commercial Tech strategy development, solution design, programme and project delivery and service management
• Track record of successfully implementing Salesforce and /or Veeva into at least 60+ markets to drive value to the commercial organization
• Track record in delivering business impact through process and IT enabled solutions
• Experience of vendor management in particular IT/BPO outsourcing
• Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills at senior level (e.g. president, CEO, CFO, Head of sales of a division or company)
• Deep content knowledge of commercial process areas (e.g. sales processes, ecommerce, distributor systems)
• Significant experience leading a large direct line organization with staff in multiple countries
• IT or Engineering based degree.
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay.
In 2016 we produced more than two billion packs of medicine, delivered 833 million doses of vaccines and produced five billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Through our 89 manufacturing sites, we serve customers in 190 countries.
GSK are a company of around 100,000 individuals united by our mission and our four values of patient focus, integrity, respect for people and transparency.
Our Consumer Healthcare business develops and markets consumer preferred and expert recommended brands in the Oral health, Pain relief, Respiratory, Nutrition/Gastro-intestinal and Skin health categories.
We are one of the world’s leading over-the-counter Wellness medicines company. We hold number one positions in Wellness across 36 markets, and are market leaders in specialist oral care.
We have a portfolio of loved and trusted brands that are underpinned by science including: Sensodyne, Parodontax, Poligrip, Voltaren, Panadol, Otrivin and Theraflu.
Tech Head Sales is accountable to the Consumer Healthcare (CH) Business for the all Tech services related to the Sales function within CH. They will need to develop the Tech roadmap to deliver the CH sales business strategy, determine the necessary budget required to deliver the roadmap and work with the business to secure the needed funds and resources to move these projects forward.
He / She will be accountable for working with key business stakeholders to identify a three-year roadmap to support the ambitions of the CH sales organization (e.g. CRM, Trade spend management, sales planning / forecasting, distributor systems). In addition the Tech Head Sales will have end to end accountability for the delivery and support of the global sales systems He / She will have to work with the CH Tech heads of the regions to ensure the projects are delivered within each of the LOCs. Projects success will be measured by the value the project brings in addition to on-time / on-budget measures.
Responsible for the following stakeholders:
• Global, regional and local sales force excellence leads (VP and Dir level) for Consumer Healthcare globally
• CERPs business owner + SVP global ERP Tech organization
• Co-own the head of ecommerce with the head of Digital, Analytics and Innovation
Jobholder will need to be extremely proficient in partnering with their peers and managing through influence as many of the extended business stakeholders will be in the regions / markets and to make this work they will need to work through the Region Tech Heads
The Tech Head of Sales needs to operate within the CH organization as well as looking to the other Business unites to find opportunities to partner for synergies
• Strategy: He / She is responsible for the creation of the rolling three-year roadmap. They will need to work with the key business stakeholders as well their peers in the Tech LT to deliver plans that meet the needs of both the global as well as local business needs.
• Success will be measured by achieving the maximum value for the business while ensuring the optimal set of applications at lowest possible cost while minimizing business risk.
• Account management: Accountable for managing the demand and prioritizing all IT services for the Sales function in CH
• Governance: Establish and lead Business Governance bodies, drive to approval for projects, provide oversight and enable benefits realization, manage overall service performance and manage business risk.
• Business Process: Design the optimal set of applications and services which meets the business strategy and requirements
• Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all applications supporting the business are compliant with internal GSK security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX and that IT continuity plans are in place for all business critical applications
• Service Management: Accountable for ensuring the right services levels are in place and maintained in line with business need and the appropriate responses made to Voice of the Process (VOP) and Voice of the Customer (VOC).
• Project Management: Accountable for delivery of all Sales projects to achieve business value while meeting cost, time and quality measures
• People Management – Accountable for line managing staff supporting Business Process for Business Unit IT and to ensure ongoing succession planning to maintain Business Process knowledge and deep IT expertise.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.