- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• See below
• See below
The GSK Consumer Healthcare manufacturing centre in Maidenhead is one of the most advanced operations of its kind in the world. Dedicated to the production of Oral Healthcare brands such as Aquafresh, Sensodyne & Macleans, producing in excess of 1,000,000 tubes of toothpaste and bottles of Mouthwash per day for consumers across the globe.
In this role, you will specialise in providing professional technical expertise and guidance to ensure that our mouthwash manufacturing plant and equipment can achieve the high production targets required.
You will do this by generating innovative and creative engineering solutions to improve day to day performance, deliver effective maintenance and manage capital expenditure projects.
• Drive Customer Service improvement through reducing planned and unplanned downtime
• To regularly review the performance of plant and equipment utilising available data (e.g. OEE data, MERPs, RCA, OAC. Apply continuous improvement principles to formulate plans for improving reliability and reduction of breakdowns and short stops.
• Create, manage and improve effective maintenance in their area. Review the effectiveness of Planned Maintenance tasks and that (e.g. Reliability Based Maintenance / FMECA).
• Keep extended downtime to a minimum by ensuring suitable spares are held in stores.
• Own and maintain equipment criticality assessments and FMEAs for your area.
• Responsible for contributing to the accountability process in own local area and updating with Engineering, Quality, Safety and Maintenance issues.
• Deliver your R&M budget
• Drive Continuous Improvement aligned to Site Goals
• Lead / Support Technical changes and Minor Capital Projects and act as the business centre engineering representative for Major Projects. (<8 wk LT & <£100K project value). Work closely with the Manufacturing Process Engineer.
• Validation / Commissioning of new equipment and existing equipment and process.
• Support and work with the Operations team to ensure effective operational support & maintenance adherence is implemented through the team
• Accountable for provision of effective Engineering documents, fault finding guides and maintenance instructions
• Ensure compliance with site standard operating procedures and myLearning.
• To ensure that GMP, Quality, Health & Safety processes are adhered to in all aspects of role.
• Enforce engineering safe practices e.g. LOTO / PTW / LOLER / PSSR / NOISE / MIS / ZA.
• Recognised qualification, ideally to HND or Degree standard within Mechanical, Electrical or related Engineering subject
• Experience of working in an FMCG (or equivalent) and GMP compliant environment
• Experience in engineering ownership of a highly-automated primary/process/manufacturing plant
• Significant problem solving skills with a proven record of resolving major issues at their root cause
• Experience in developing close links with key site customers (quality, operations, EHS)
• Demonstrated knowledge of engineering standards and statutory requirements for plant, machinery and workplaces applicable to a large volume consumer products factory
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 15th December 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.