- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Masters or PhD in a Statistical discipline
• Practical understanding of statistical modelling and its application to real world problems
• Track record of strong academic performance
• Able to adapt to changing business needs
• Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team setting
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Expertise in multiple statistical methodologies as well as demonstrated experience leveraging its practical application
• Practical work experience as a statistician in a clinical research setting
• Capable of applying innovative statistical thinking
• Experience with Bayesian methods
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with;
o A demonstrated capability in building and maintaining strong working relationships
o A demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical colleagues.
o Strong influencing skills applied effectively across functions and levels of an organization
• Providing statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of clinical studies.
• Influencing clinical development plans, regulatory and commercial strategies.
• Building and maintaining effective strategic working relationships with internal and external partners to meet business needs.
• Identifying, developing and implementing novel statistical methodologies in support of medicines development.
Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians work across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support.
Within GSK, Clinical Statistics is part of the same group which includes clinical pharmacology modelling and simulation, epidemiology and statistical innovation. Our statisticians have the opportunity to take part in world-class methodological research, as well as to fulfil a vital role on our multidisciplinary medicines development teams.
In instances where the business is able to support it, candidates may be permitted to work remotely. When you apply, please indicate your work style preference in your cover letter.
We are searching for talented new graduate statisticians, who can demonstrate innovative thinking, excellent communication skills, and who are able to influence project strategy.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, training and development, and are committed to the continuous development of your technical skills and competencies. Opportunities are available at our sites in Stevenage (Hertfordshire), Ware (Hertfordshire) and Stockley Park (Uxbridge, Middlesex) in the UK.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.