- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Bachelors Degree in Digital, Data Sciences or equivalent experience
• Significant experience (Project Delivery) in major global IT organization in Pharmaceutical/Commercial or highly regulated industry
• Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills with all level of the organization including senior stakeholders
• Had responsibility for implementing a robust set of ways or working and governance that is embedded with the team and practiced rigorously.
• Has first hand experience in tracking and reporting progress in a systematic and robust way
• Needs to have managed and conducted escalations to other teams and to senior stakeholders
• Experience in influencing and negotiating with senior IT and senior business stakeholders.
• Experience in people management and demonstrated experience managing teams across functions and geographies
• Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
• Track record in successful medium IT mobilization, programme and project delivery across multiple markets and regions globally with inter-functional designs and dependencies.
• Ability to challenge at all levels of the project and with stakeholders to ensure objectives are met.
• Track record in delivering business impact through process and IT enabled solutions
• Management experience essential
• SAP Experience preferred
• Excellent understanding of commercial business processes (e.g. O2C, P2P, WD, R2R etc.)
• Experience and exposure to complex Business Intelligence and Analytics projects, delivering new data platforms from initial concept and architecture onwards
• Data Sciences Degrees combined with an MBA or Business experience
This role is accountable for mobilizing medium scale programmes and projects that can have a medium complexity in BI, Data and Analytics. You will ensure that all programmes and projects are set up for success and managed though to successful completion. The projects and programmes typically have multi market, regional and global scope and can run concurrently and drawn on multiple delivery partners.
• Programme and Project Mobilization:
o Accept allocated demand.
o Work to identify the scope and timelines in which to mobilize a team directly or indirectly. The team needs to be in place and able to create necessary deliverables to meet project approval requirements. Project methodology may vary from traditional Waterfall to Agile, or a hybrid between the two. The selected individual will have the necessary flexibility to adapt to the methodology that fits the project most.
o Take overall ownership for the projects and programmes and steer until completion. At this grade this role must be capable of setting up a hierarchy and project structures globally necessary to support the objectives.
o Work with other delivery agents to coordinate delivery at a senior level.
o Identify and take full accountability of managing project risk, connecting to the appropriate levels of both CH Tech and other internal and external organisations, demonstrating deep communication and influencing skills.
o Identify, clarify and gain sponsorship for changes in project/programme scope – ensuring the appropriate Change Management process is followed at all levels.
• Delivery Process: Accountable for the various programmes and projects that are under the ownership of this role. Ensure delivery to agreed time, cost and quality parameters. Ensure project goals are achieved on time in alignment with the stakeholders’ expectation. Ability to manage both medium, small, simple and complex projects and programmes. Ability to escalate and remove blocks to progress in a large matrix organisation and with senior stakeholders. Escalate to other CH Tech leadership team when needing support. Work in close collaboration with other team members in the CH BI Tech team, to ensure Demand, Support and Architecture aspects are well represented in the projects or programmes requirements and deliverables
• Governance: Implement standard governance that allows the programmes, projects and stakeholders to manage overall project performance and manage programme risks within the global nature of some of the programmes.
• Budget Management: Responsible for providing high level (+/-30% accuracy) estimates to CH Tech BI Strategy and Demand team, to support Budget approval process at project inception. Accountable for detailed Budget estimates approval at kick-off stage, dealing with Finance and Business stakeholders to get costs understood and approved. Accountable for ensuring projects/programs have implemented standard processes and tools to manage, agree and report budgets consistently in the owned programme and hierarchy of projects. Drive teams to actively manage costs. Look for opportunities across projects and programmes to reduce costs. Ensure compliance of PMs in process. Manage rollup in the hierarchy of projects in the programme container to support the routine programme/ project reporting.
• Quality, Risk & Compliance: Ensure all risk and issues associated with owned programmes and projects are recorded and managed in the appropriate Risk & Issue logs in a timely manner, according to programme standards. Ensure all Risks and Issues have clear action/mitigation/contingency plans defined, with named action owners and timelines for completion.
• Talent Development and Leadership: As a member of the CH Tech BI, Data and Analytics leadership team, contribute to the overall running of team, including the development of talent and capabilities. Assist in developing strategies and setting direction to enable the team to deliver at optimal levels. Represent the team at governance events with senior stakeholders. Use experience to bring new ideas and to identify and challenge ineffective practices. Based on the experience this person will at times be called on to guide, mentor and coach the other project and programme managers with the team to ensure optimal performance.
• People Management: Accountable for appointment and selection of right resources to deliver the initiated projects. Assist the line mangers of the permanent resources in meeting development objectives. Participate in the feedback to the line manager to support the PDP process. Managing high volumes of agency workers and ensure the right level of capability is engaged to ensure the success of the project. Take steps to manage poor performance and take necessary steps to ensure projects delivery are not threatened – work with line manager in the process. Able to manage and motive the significant number people in the programmes or projects that work in markets around the world.
• Location: To be effective it is essential that this role is located in Brentford, GSK House. A responsibility of this role is to represent the team at various governance and project meetings. This co-location is critical to establish working relationships with other key delivery partners and senior stakeholders that are also based at GSK House.
• Continuous Improvement: Collaborate with others to improve our IT delivery methodology covering tools, sourcing, processes and quality assurance.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.