- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Proven 7-9 years’ work experience in product management or as an associate product manager
• Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
• Proven ability to develop product roadmaps and strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
• Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and digital technologies
User Experience Design:
• Specialized expert with 5-7 years’ experience in wire frames, user flows and personas, layout, color and typography, and an interest to engage with the broad variety of roles that the job will involve, and are keen to develop your skills.
• You have expert knowledge of design and creative software products and are equally happy to pick up and learn unfamiliar software packages as required.
User Experience Design:
• You care passionately about the users you are designing for, wanting to design the best solution for your audience. You have the ability to simplify complex design requirements into component parts and systematically evaluate them.
• Have great communications skills and can pitch your work and sell it to all sorts of people, confidently putting forward your ideas and solutions. Have an instinct for balancing the needs of the internal customer with user needs and be able to work with a diverse group of disciplines and perspectives. Ensure that all designs take account of technical limitations, and options are explored to ensure products meet the best in class in terms of look, feel, functionality, behaviour and experience.
• Keep abreast of industry developments in user experience design and be able to interpret how these would impact services from a design perspective.
• Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
• Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with connected healthcare devices is a plus.
• Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the digital and R&D organizations.
• Ability to develop and maintain productive working links with suppliers and specialist technology providers to assemble and maintain a distinctive and flexible mix of capabilities against future requirements.
• MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay.
In 2016 we produced more than two billion packs of medicine, delivered 833 million doses of vaccines and produced five billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Through our 89 manufacturing sites, we serve customers in 190 countries.
GSK are a company of around 100,000 individuals united by our mission and our four values of patient focus, integrity, respect for people and transparency.
As GSK Consumer Healthcare embarks on its Digital journey, we continue to look for ways to go "beyond the pill" by exploring new business models such as with connected devices / iOT's, etc. With regards to this, we are looking for a Product Manager and User Experience Expert to join our Digital Innovation team.
Related to his/her product management responsibilities, we envision the ideal candidate to be gathering and prioritizing requirements for the devices / iOT “platform” that GSK is looking to create, defining the technology vision of this “platform”, and working closely with Digital, R&D and technology development partners to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The job holder will also be responsible for creating buy-in for the “platform” vision both internally and with key external partners as well as translating strategy of the “platform” into detailed requirements and prototypes. Other requirements include:
• Ability to gain a deep understanding of internal and external customer/consumer requirements, identify and fill product (i.e. the devices / iOT “platform”) gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience and drive growth
• Ability to create buy-in for the product (i.e. the devices / iOT “platform”) vision both internally and with key external partners
• Ability to scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
• Ability to work closely with development teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
• Ability to drive product (i.e. the devices / iOT “platform”) launches including working with executives, external stakeholders, and other team members in Tech, R&D and Digital teams.
• Act as a product (i.e. the devices / iOT “platform”) evangelist to build awareness and understanding
• Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on this devices / iOT “platform” and services
Related to his/her User Experience design activities, we envision that in this role you will be the primary user experience and design expert. Your expertise will support the connected devices innovation team with the range of projects we are engaged in. You will be providing design solutions that enhance the digital / devices projects that the team engage with, as well as balancing user needs against business goals and technology capabilities. You will be expected to get your teeth into fascinating design challenges and meet them with excellent design communication and you will work as part of the innovation team, contributing to the overall effectiveness of the team including assisting with the planning of projects or testing activities as necessary. We will also look to you to offer expert advice to technical and development teams on user experience design requirements across a range of projects
The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with senior colleagues across the company in R&D, digital, product development and new product introduction. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
Role can be based in Warren, NJ, US or London, UK.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.