- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• 5-7 years as an architect (platform, data, etc.) with demonstrated expertise in emerging technologies and data technology platforms and management.
• Degree in software engineering and or computer science and will have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
• Experience in technology architecture of connected devices and development of application software in a world-class innovative company
• Experience with data modeling and distributed data architecture concepts, knowledge of agile and SDLC development methodology and concepts.
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web services, enterprise data management / integration, information security, applications development, and cloud-based architectures
• Ability to develop and maintain productive working links with suppliers and specialist technology providers to assemble and maintain a distinctive and flexible mix of capabilities against future requirements.
• Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with connected healthcare devices is a plus.
• Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the digital and R&D organizations.
• Good communication skills and customer relationship skills
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay.
In 2016 we produced more than two billion packs of medicine, delivered 833 million doses of vaccines and produced five billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Through our 89 manufacturing sites, we serve customers in 190 countries.
GSK are a company of around 100,000 individuals united by our mission and our four values of patient focus, integrity, respect for people and transparency.
As GSK Consumer Healthcare embarks on its Digital journey, we continue to look for ways to go "beyond the pill" by exploring new business models such as with connected devices / iOT's, etc.
With regards to this, we are looking for an Architect to join our Digital Innovation team. We envision the Architect to perform activities related to defining and identifying what our connected devices tech platform / stack should look like and then also drive data architecture activities. Related to the tech platform / stack piece, we would look for the ideal candidate to formulate and define the global connected devices architecture and associated specification of the data stack, communications protocols, embedded software, cloud hosting and API’s that will give these connected devices the best chance to succeed in the market and ensure that we can continue to leverage and scale the tech stack for additional and future connected device initiatives. Related to the data architecture piece, activities will include providing leadership and guidance with enterprise data strategies and selecting the appropriate technology platforms; governance practices, and standards; and partnering with security architects to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates. Additional responsibilities include evaluating and recommending emerging technologies and standards.
The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with senior colleagues across the company in R&D, digital, product development and new product introduction. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
Role can be based in Warren, NJ,US or London, UK.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.