- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Experience providing administrative support for a senior executive within a global, multi-national company.
• Experience of working across more than one business unit in GSK and managing high profile internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience in a role requiring a highly flexible approach to work and hours.
• Excellent IT skills (Advanced Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel skills)
• Excellent communication ability (both written and verbal).
• Proven experience of handling highly confidential information.
• Discretion and diplomacy.
Educated with a secretarial/administrative certification.
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT WILL YOUR JOB PURPOSE BE?
Provide first class executive administrative and personal support to the Senior Vice President Consumer Healthcare Europe, Middle East and Africa (SVP EMEA) and be a key interface both internally and externally by using exceptional business knowledge, stakeholder management, administrative abilities and judgement.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
• Efficiently and expertly dealing with and prioritising the details of diary management, diverse routines and ad-hoc administrative tasks to help manage the home/work balance with minimal supervision.
• Organisation of travel and preparation of detailed itinerary in advance of all trips.
• Plan and arrange meetings and conference calls, ensuring appropriate technical arrangements are in place and all necessary information distributed to appropriate parties well in advance.
• Ensuring access to all papers and meeting material well in advance of meetings, allowing time for a thorough review prior to each event.
• Manage the agenda and timing of Global CH meetings.
• Maintenance of files and other records as appropriate.
• Handling sensitive and confidential information, while exercising good judgement and maintaining high levels of integrity.
• Project management of complex, global administrative related tasks and events across different time zones.
• Using process improvement approaches to all aspects of work; identifying and implementing efficient administrative practices and anticipating future support needs from the SLT member
• Knowledgeable about all administrative related GSK systems and processes to be able to work quickly and effectively for their senior stakeholder.
• Effectively use business knowledge and awareness in the delivery of the role and in support of the SVP EMEA
• Effectively apply teamwork, both within the SLT assistants group and with other key assistant stakeholders.
• Ability to interact with high profile internal and external stakeholders and Board members in the delivery of the role.
• Work closely with the Chief of Staff on the organisation of key meetings and TCs in support of Global Consumer Healthcare projects/ meetings timeline
• Partner with the CH Communications Business Leader on the administration of a communication and engagement plan to build the profile of the SVP EMEA with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Partner with the CH HR Business Leader on any administration that supports the activation of the Global CH People Strategy, including Talent Reviews, and any other people related projects as appropriate.
• Support the co-ordination of Global CH wide projects as appropriate
• Upkeep and maintain the CH Operating Committee database, keeping it up to date and relevant with key meeting documents and references
• Ability to operate within a fast paced environment, handling changes as they occur and flexing plans to accommodate often conflicting priorities.
• Liaison with key stakeholders both within GSK and externally requiring a high degree of professionalism given the sensitive, commercial and reputation risks associated with errors in interactions with senior executives and external advisors.
• Ability to build strong relationships at all levels both within GSK and with other stakeholders including members of the SLT
• Able to work without close supervision due to the complex and busy schedules of the individual supported – with the ability to prioritise, project plan and implement independently of direction.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I WORK WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive On Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you’re the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 20th November 2017 to ensure you’re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.