- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• University Degree or equivalent experience
• Significant experience related to mobile device technologies. Either working for a technology provider, 3rd party service provider or performing a comparable role to this role within a similar large organisation.
• Specific experience with usability, ideally as a UX Designer and researcher in the mobile application services environment, this would include skills that cover:
o Translating user requirements into visual, interaction and information designs
o Creating wireframes and prototypes from designs and user research
o Task Analytical Interviews, Focus Group Facilitation & Ethnographic/Field Studies
o User Journey Mapping
o Wireframing & Storyboarding
o Knowledge of mobile design trends
o UX certification preferred (HFI, NNg)
• Qualified and experienced with Agile methodologies
• Experienced IT professional with background in both mobile application delivery and Service Management
• Experience of working in a large global organisation and operating in either an above country, or a global service environment
• Experience working with, and managing, external vendors
• Advanced Degree in IT
• Demonstrable service management training an advantage
This is a critical role for GSK as the organization looks to improve the productivity of employees by greatly enhancing the digital experience received when using mobile devices.
The role is accountable for the core build and overall end user experience globally of the mobile devices managed by GSK. The success of this role could impact and benefit every employee within the company who uses a mobile device (phone or tablet) to perform their role
The role will work across the IT community, the business and 3rd parties to develop the strategy and oversee its execution in relation to the user experience for mobile devices within GSK. The role will ensure the functionality and usability of mobile devices is optimized to support core business processes, while maintaining the agreed levels of security. They will ensure the requirements of the business are fully understood and mapped against where internal and 3rd party solution providers in the mobile landscape are developing and innovating. Where necessary they will oversee the development of bespoke applications to meet business requirements.
The role has four core areas of responsibility:
1. Mobile Usability: covers the end to end experience of all mobile users in GSK (100,000+) and understanding what, why and how they are utilizing the technology. This will be managed through ongoing engagement with the business, research, observation, mobile lab work and testing. This aspect of the role will also ensure that GSK actively works with internal product owners and 3rd party providers in mobile technology. This will allow GSK to continue to evolve and improve usability as new solutions are developed and deployed using an Agile delivery framework.
2. Mobile Core Build: The core build of products contains several applications used in everyday work to allow employees to be productive. It includes the Microsoft products as well as a range of other collaboration, connectivity and management tools. This role will ensure that collectively this core build is optimally engineered to meet the requirements of the business and that change in requirements or changes the products themselves are effectively addressed and adopted using Agile delivery.
3. End User Engagement & Education: A key challenge in the mobile space is the frequency of change and the ability of users to understand, adopt and exploit new functionality. A key part of the role will be to ensure we improve the awareness, change mgt and education of our mobile users.
4. Application Development: Not all requirements from the business can be addressed by existing applications. Where required, this role will manage the end-end cycle to design, develop and deploy new applications to end users.
Underpinning the core responsibilities above, there are a number of key activities inherent in the role. These include:
• Developing and executing any changes to the way the products/services are run and working across IT and the business to ensure changes are managed in the most appropriate manner
• Driving a continued focus on keeping the core build “evergreen” whilst also ensuring that the needs of the GSK Business Units are considered during all service changes
• Functional accountability for product upgrade and decommissioning projects
• Accountable to ensure product plans are defined, communicated, and delivered as detailed on an integrate product roadmap of all products that make up the core build of a mobile device
• Accountable to develop, communicate, and gain senior stakeholder support for the overall product strategy ensuring existing and future business requirements are satisfied
• Accountable to ensure all product/service risks are documented and mitigated per agree action plans
• Ensure resolution of escalated issues associated with the in scope products/services
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.